I am using these traps, baited with peanut-butter or cat food:
View attachment 3782567
I have to dispose a dead mouse every two to three days but they keep coming. Buckets? I don't event have to bait the buckets, they just fall in on occasion. Same with cardboard boxes - i'm collecting the recyclables in the garage too.
I hope all will be better next week, when i evict the dux from the gardens and open up the whole property again for them. - Including their pond. Hopefully they will continue to lay their eggs in the house...
Has Shawn Wood not taught you anything?? :lau

How do you make a room mouse-proof? - I like to evict the mice from my garage (too much stuff in there!) , but i cannot let the dux in there. They would sell of my tool for meal-worms…
I am trying my best not to keep any dux-food in the bags and pour it into plastic trash-cans, keeping the floor as clean as possible, deploy mouse-traps - but they are still coming. :mad:

Well basically the old garage is 2 concrete boxes and we upgraded one - walled up the passage between them, rebuilt walls where needed, new surface, new floor, the only opening is now the (steel) door whereas before the super wide super old wooden door and walls cracked in places gave massive opportunity for mice etc to get in. OK a badger would have been too large but you get the idea.

So now, yes in principle mice could still get in through the open door, but we keep it closed and we keep a set of traps on the inside, the very same ones you use, and baited in the very same way. From our experience with another room nearby this should do the trick, and if not, there's always poison, I'm not at all happy to use it but it really really works. (Ofc no other animal should even be able to come close.)

Well basically the old garage is 2 concrete boxes and we upgraded one - walled up the passage between them, rebuilt walls where needed, new surface, new floor, the only opening is now the (steel) door whereas before the super wide super old wooden door and walls cracked in places gave massive opportunity for mice etc to get in. OK a badger would have been too large but you get the idea.

So now, yes in principle mice could still get in through the open door, but we keep it closed and we keep a set of traps on the inside, the very same ones you use, and baited in the very same way. From our experience with another room nearby this should do the trick, and if not, there's always poison, I'm not at all happy to use it but it really really works. (Ofc no other animal should even be able to come close.)
Well, a massive de-clutter operation will most likely the only way to get rid of the varmint. I'm not looking forward to discussions that the intention to get rid of something, sitting in the garage for 6 years, will start…

I'm not looking forward to discussions that the intention to get rid of something, sitting in the garage for 6 years, will start…
Our 1/2 of the garage is now considered food level storage so I was able to move some related stuff from the main house. The resulting empty space looks really good. I now need to find a way to elegantly occupy it or else my wife, when she returns from her trip, will no doubt pile up stuff in there again. So, you know, there's just no end to problems, they just mutate :)

Our 1/2 of the garage is now considered food level storage so I was able to move some related stuff from the main house. The resulting empty space looks really good. I now need to find a way to elegantly occupy it or else my wife, when she returns from her trip, will no doubt pile up stuff in there again. So, you know, there's just no end to problems, they just mutate :)
Food Storage, hmm? - This is how the garage-disaster started! Not humon food, but dux-food. And well fed mice multiply prolificly.
There was a tiny mouse in the almost empty yellow-corn bucket on the patio this evening. I flinged it into the center of the hungry dux-flox and somebody caught and ate it. Should i really start to grow meal-worms? 🤔

I'm in the middle of my first hatch of the year, testing out one of the new incubators I got. Still gathering duck eggs, and more chicken eggs.

Ducks were very happy today, it had rained last night so they got to play in the mud.
Weather here was weird: It rained the whole day yesterday and today started windy with a gray blanket overhead. The dux happily started to drill, but strangely all that mud from yesterday dried out in a few hours and turned into West Virginia concrete.

Food Storage, hmm? - This is how the garage-disaster started! Not humon food, but dux-food. And well fed mice multiply prolificly.
There was a tiny mouse in the almost empty yellow-corn bucket on the patio this evening. I flinged it into the center of the hungry dux-flox and somebody caught and ate it. Should i really start to grow meal-worms? 🤔
yes please!

Back
Top Bottom