🧡 Sweet a honey! - Note the little egg-tooth at the end of the bill! - That will disappear with in a day or two.
From the form of the bill's root i am 70% sure its a drake. The root of the bill looks a bit triangular shaped and a bit thicker.
But i could be wrong…
50% chance it's a drake. Or a hen. :lau

Well in that case it's a very good thing I decided to start the high humidity phase a bit early... Had I started even earlier maybe all of the ducklings that attempted hatching so far would have made it.
High-humidity phase??! - With my CCI there is nothing like a "high-humidity phase" and still all ducklings that made it to the internal-pip hatched out. Some with help, some by force.
Those who did not made it died early or within 24 hours after hatching. Don't blame yourself, you made no mistake at all! I am sure the duckling would not have made it even if you helped it hatching. Sometimes they just die. I had a duckling hatching in the evening, snuggling, drinking and sleeping on my chest over night and when i left it for some minutes in the incubator to use the bathroom it was dead. It just happens. hug :hugs

This price seems very good. Slovenia has a much smaller average income than the US and when word got around I tend to grow large numbers of tomato plants people came to the door asking to buy. I was not ready for that so I just said well whatever you think is appropriate... And it was 2 EUR usually.
Imho charging six dollars for a single tomato plant is outrageous.
I pay $1.25 for a bag of seeds, also produce my own, the pots were 7¢ a piece and the soil i have for free, just my own labor-time.
And $4 for six small plants makes it 75¢ per plant.

Oh good, what cultivar is it?
It is called »Tundra Sweetberry Edible Honeysuckle - Haskap«
full

No idea what that means, but it was the last available plant:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NPWKGM3
And i had good experiences with that seller in the past, obtained the gooseberries and currants from them.

Those are very reasonable prices.

🤔 Maybe I'll start doing that next year, if I manage to get a greenhouse going. Between me, three cats, a large dog, two incubators and various brooders full of bird babies, I don't have room in the trailer to grow plants! :lau
I used my patio to grow the plants, this year just covered with cheap shower-curtains from the tropical river and some fake-grass carpet. It was leaking in cold air like a survival-shelter and i lost several batches of seedlings during the coldest nights.
A greenhouse is my dream and it is not too difficult to build one, but: I have no flat-land available here! :mad: That means either digging (no excavator available!) or building a platform with an insulated floor. :confused:

If selling plants looks like an opportunity, my plan is to improve the patio: Installing storm-doors, laying out insulation foam and osb on the floor and trying to get my hands on some used windows from the ReStore to improve insulation. And more LED shop-lights…

I would love to build a large sunken greenhouse with a wood-stove as heat-source, but that requires a lot of sold plantlings…

It is called »Tundra Sweetberry Edible Honeysuckle - Haskap«
full

No idea what that means, but it was the last available plant:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NPWKGM3
And i had good experiences with that seller in the past, obtained the gooseberries and currants from them.

"Of all the varieties, Tundra has the firmest fruit, making it great for commercial production. Tundra is an early pollinating variety. Pair with other early pollinators to have a higher yield."

"Very dense and upright with good growth habit. Medium branching structure and develops a dome shape crown. Tart to sweet / flavoursome berries."

"Width 4 feet x Height 4 feet. Productivity: 6 to 8 pounds in fourth or fifth grow year."

Well... I would still recommend the Boreal series (Beauty, Beast, Blizzard), as mentioned before, for largest and tastiest berries. AND having two cultivars (with overlapping flowering times) will improve yield for both.

But Tundra will for sure give you a general idea of what kind of plant / fruit it is.

Last edited:
I used my patio to grow the plants, this year just covered with cheap shower-curtains from the tropical river and some fake-grass carpet. It was leaking in cold air like a survival-shelter and i lost several batches of seedlings during the coldest nights.
A greenhouse is my dream and it is not too difficult to build one, but: I have no flat-land available here! :mad: That means either digging (no excavator available!) or building a platform with an insulated floor. :confused:

If selling plants looks like an opportunity, my plan is to improve the patio: Installing storm-doors, laying out insulation foam and osb on the floor and trying to get my hands on some used windows from the ReStore to improve insulation. And more LED shop-lights…

I would love to build a large sunken greenhouse with a wood-stove as heat-source, but that requires a lot of sold plantlings…
Don't have a patio or deck. And I have the same problem with level ground, PLUS having to deal with the Canadian Shield (barely any topsoil over the rock). Digging *anything* is a pain!

"Hatching time varies from 36–45 days for ostrich eggs, 46–56 days for emu eggs, and 36–44 days for rhea eggs."

Seems legit...
"A very small number of birds incubate their eggs for longer than 70 days: the wandering albatross (Diomedea exulans), for 75–82 days; the royal albatross (D. epomophora), for 75–81 days; and the kiwis (family Apterygidae), for 71–84 days."

Back
Top Bottom