"Of all the varieties, Tundra has the firmest fruit, making it great for commercial production. Tundra is an early pollinating variety. Pair with other early pollinators to have a higher yield."

"Very dense and upright with good growth habit. Medium branching structure and develops a dome shape crown. Tart to sweet / flavoursome berries."

"Width 4 feet x Height 4 feet. Productivity: 6 to 8 pounds in fourth or fifth grow year."

Well... I would still recommend the Boreal series (Beauty, Beast, Blizzard), as mentioned before, for largest and tastiest berries. AND having two cultivars (with overlapping flowering times) will improve yield for both.

But Tundra will for sure give you a general idea of what kind of plant / fruit it is.
Where did you got your wisdom from? - And it might be difficult to obtain other varieties here, i was lucky to have found that one. But i keep searching…
The scarcity of this berry-shrub may also present a business opportunity as it is for the currants and the gooseberries… 😉

Oh, this would be glorious... Can't do that here because of the high water table.
So for your area an insulated platform it is…
And, same problem here, my hill is a sponge. Any hole that i dig will fill with water overnight. I would have to dig drainage bitches above the greenhouse location to divert the ground-water sideways. Doable but an awful lot of work.

"A very small number of birds incubate their eggs for longer than 70 days: the wandering albatross (Diomedea exulans), for 75–82 days; the royal albatross (D. epomophora), for 75–81 days; and the kiwis (family Apterygidae), for 71–84 days."
Holy 💩! - And then the albatross chicks are not precocial and will sit in the nest for a couple of weeks. A "sitting duck" is nothing compared with that.

Yeah, that works until there is a series of storms with heavy rain and groundwater rises to the surface to check things out :) That's how we lost a lot of tomatos and some young trees last year (roots suffocated).
Similar to what happened to my potatoes two years ago, the tubers were rotting in the soil and digging out the remaining good ones was backbreaking work.

Back
Top Bottom