The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

:caf
I hope mr L. Gaga does an outstanding job. 3 real ladies should be enough for lots of offspring.
Is the plan to put all the gathered eggs in the incubator. No broody hatches at all?

That's my hope! Yes, these eggs are destined to go in the incubator. No broodies here currently. Cruella laid her first egg today, so she'll probably be ready soon. The Tsouloufates have priority over any broodies, so there's almost no way these guys will be brooded by a broody. I'd prefer it if the pullets don't brood any time soon, because winter took a toll on them, and I'd like for them to gather their strength (and grow/mature a little bit more) before attempting to brood

I will be following for sure! I can't wait to see little Serama chicks, thank you for the tag! Will you be doing a hatch-along?

Yes! Well, a hatchalong of sorts. As mentioned before, I don't know if I'll manage to gather many eggs, so I can't promise that everyone here will be able to get an egg, but I surely hope you'll be able to

I am Greek, but I can speak (and as you can see, write) in English. I also *pretend* to know French. But Greek and English are the two languages I can confidently say I know.

Tsouloufates are a Greek landrace. The Greek language is very different from the English language, so the plural of the landrace is Tsouloufates, while the singular is Tsouloufati. In my earlier posts (as well as my article) I did not use the plural, because I thought it might be too complicated. OK, that's a lie. I was just too lazy to type it out myself, and my keyboard already had "Tsouloufati" ready, so I never bothered. Here are some photos of my Tsouloufates; it means "crested" in Greek

Attachments

• IMG-b367e42d30a1c24abdb2fe4cc78bca63-V.jpg
    IMG-b367e42d30a1c24abdb2fe4cc78bca63-V.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230820_131512.jpg
    20230820_131512.jpg
    856.8 KB · Views: 15
Tsouloufates are a Greek landrace. The Greek language is very different from the English language, so the plural of the landrace is Tsouloufates, while the singular is Tsouloufati. In my earlier posts (as well as my article) I did not use the plural, because I thought it might be too complicated. OK, that's a lie. I was just too lazy to type it out myself, and my keyboard already had "Tsouloufati" ready, so I never bothered. Here are some photos of my Tsouloufates; it means "crested" in Greek
Look at that comb on Kolovos! At least I think that is Kolovos. I take it that he doesn't get hot much in the summer, right?

Back
Top Bottom