The ULTIMATE list of DUCK Treats and Supplements...

My four week old duckling love frozen peas i throw them in the bath tub while there swimming and they go crazy they are still inside while there pen is being put together as soon as i walk into the bathroom with the zip loc bag they start going crazy and line up in front of the tub its so funny and cute

Question. Peanuts? I don't recall seeing anything and went through this twice. My duck loves stealing the peanuts from the squirrel. We have a squirrel we hand feed. He does not get them all the time but when he finds what Rudy hid in the yard the Rudy is SOL. Peanuts are not nuts they are legumes. Thank you for your help and this list it is amazing!

I read where you can use either brown sugar, honey, or molasses in a mixture of salt and baking soda in water to make an electrolyte formula. Are these things actually safe though?
Yes these are safe if you have the right amounts of each. As casportpony said " Why not just buy it?" its not very expensive and your not giving it to them all the time, just when needed. Best of luck. :)

Duck Soup*****
No...this isn't soup you make out of ducks...it is a soup you make FOR your ducks.
big_smile.png

Take kitchen scraps like zucchini or yellow summer squash ends and pieces, bits of cabbage, broccoli stems, etc... and run them for a few seconds in a food processor until they are in small pieces. Add these to about a gallon of water along with a tsp or two of raw apple cider vinegar.
My ducks LOVE it when they get soup for breakfast. On cold mornings, I make the water warm. You can even freeze kitchen scraps as you create them while cooking. Thaw in warm water and feed to the ducks in Winter when they have less access to greens.

The fish food we feed are those catfish balls.

I guess I shouldn't have used the word pellet (since it is something different
he.gif
)

We used to have 14in catfish in our pond but they started to eat everything so they went to rose fertilizer.
wink.png

Thank you so much for all the information! It is fantastic how you itemized everything! From what I was reading...ducks eat how humans should! Didn't know about the dog food...interesting. I was thinking about adding kale to my diet and now I have ducks to share it with!

I was a zoo keeper for many years taking care of all kinds of birds including ducks. You didn't have any stars by crickets. The ducks I worked with loved greens and bugs. The number one thing ALL the ducks would go nuts for were wax worms & crickets. MOSTLY CRICKETS! They loved them so much that if we had to medicate a duck we would always use crickets. They love chasing them. We threw them in pools or just on the ground. Watching them was one of my favorite things about my job :) I would put 10 stars by crickets :)

Back
Top Bottom