The ULTIMATE list of DUCK Treats and Supplements...

Pics
I have heard different opinions about letting ducks eat egg shells. Some are convinced that the ducks will become egg eaters, breaking their own eggs. Others have fed egg shells for years and years and never had an egg eater.

Mine haven't and i have muscovies lol!, when i give them the eggs shell though i let the inside dry all the way and grind both parts down to till its like sand and they eat it in their formulated feed i give them about every two weeks since they're free range

Do you guys think feeding ducks bananas that are mushy but not rotten is okay?We have a couple banana trees and we get huge heads of little bananas so we can't eat them all(plus they aren't that flavorful , due to our sandy soil)but I know you can't give them rotten food you would put in the compost.

Do you guys think feeding ducks bananas that are mushy but not rotten is okay?We have a couple banana trees and we get huge heads of little bananas so we can't eat them all(plus they aren't that flavorful , due to our sandy soil)but I know you can't give them rotten food you would put in the compost.

I think a good rule of thumb would be if you would eat it, it'd be ok to feed to them. If it's too gone for people to eat, I probably wouldn't feed it to ducks, either.

Thanks , makes sense.

I'm so excited!I ordered the ducklings today from Metzer , and they are coming May 13th.
wee.gif

It's so hard to wait! Mine will be here (hopefully) on Wednesday!

You
 :weee

It's so hard to wait! Mine will be here (hopefully) on Wednesday!

You are so lucky......I have to wait two months.....but you can't dump 3 week old ducklings on your grandparents so you can go on vaca....well , I've waited 4 months already , what's another two?
What breed are you getting?

Back
Top Bottom