The ULTIMATE list of DUCK Treats and Supplements...

Pics
Corn is fine to give in small amounts it can put on pounds so you don't want to feed a lot. I know quite a few members who feed their flocks chick starter /grower as their sole ration I don't see any problem with it but you want to make sure she gets enough niacin too which chick feed doesn't have . Maybe put some Nutritional yeast sprinkled over her feed a couple times a week for the B vitamins it contains. and once she begins laying she'll need oyster shell for the calcium to give her eggs a good hard shell.

Nutritional yeast dose is 1 Tablespoon to each cup of feed she eats. Mine get it a couple times a week .

My duck is super picky, and tends to only want the feed from the store. Is it OK to give her the chick grower (unmedicated) alone and as a regular diet or do I need to supplement it with something else? She is about 4 months old. I have had ducks in the past, but they all ate outside happily. My Dandy hates to go outside and even when I make her, food is NOT her focus. i was surprised to see corn isn't good for them. I have been adding cut corn to my ducks food for years after being told it was good for them. Thank you for letting me know.

I'm commenting on the corn. Is it no longer healthy because it's GMO? Have a friend that breeds and sells Sebastopol geese. She quit using corn a couple years ago due to health problems. I was told to feed my Gracie and Gunther (Aussie Black Swans) corn daily but don't. I feed Mazuri Waterfowl Feed. Suppose to be the best but see it has corn in it. I would imagine corn is in almost all feed for birds.
Sounds like Dandy is a sweet pet. Can you post a picture here? I have peacocks, the swans and ornamental pheasants. Love My Birds!

Ok, 1. great list and thank you.
2. Is Lactaid better for my feathered baby? How about glutten free starches?
Im a new Duck Mommy and I'm still in the process of learning. My baby is a Khaki Campbell; and I hate leaving her (even though she's with daddy at night) when I go to work. She loves being held and cuddled. I used to have a cup that I drank iced water from until she (aka "the boss") decided I had to share. :)
She's an only child; and I'm trained very well. Either it's 5 little goldfish once a week in the tub, or it's floating mealworms. Standing on my shoulder is also a favorite.

I'm commenting on the corn. Is it no longer healthy because it's GMO? Have a friend that breeds and sells Sebastopol geese. She quit using corn a couple years ago due to health problems. I was told to feed my Gracie and Gunther (Aussie Black Swans) corn daily but don't. I feed Mazuri Waterfowl Feed. Suppose to be the best but see it has corn in it. I would imagine corn is in almost all feed for birds.
Sounds like Dandy is a sweet pet. Can you post a picture here? I have peacocks, the swans and ornamental pheasants. Love My Birds!
I would love to post a pic, I'm new, so other than my avatar of her, how do I post pics? I got videos too!!!!

The cor I feed her is cut corn for birds, is that still GMO? Does it have to say if it's GMO on the package?

Im a new Duck Mommy and I'm still in the process of learning. My baby is a Khaki Campbell; and I hate leaving her (even though she's with daddy at night) when I go to work. She loves being held and cuddled. I used to have a cup that I drank iced water from until she (aka "the boss") decided I had to share. :)
She's an only child; and I'm trained very well. Either it's 5 little goldfish once a week in the tub, or it's floating mealworms. Standing on my shoulder is also a favorite.
Loves Donald Duck cartoons. Quacks at Mickey.
Napping with Mommy for almost an hour WITHOUT an accident!!!
Loves Donald Duck. Quacks at Mickey.
Napping with Mommy for almost an hour WITHOUT an accident.
35763066_1742153259166753_7856749254704889856_n.jpg
37790582_1796281883753890_2066442202149552128_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom