The Waltons or Little House On The Prairie?

I take it in spells. It seems like I am drawn to the shows more in the fall and winter. Especially coming up on Christmas. The Homecoming is Must See TV!

I grew up reading all the Little House books. I might have watched some on TV at some point, but the books had a HUGE impact on me as a kid.

I was always doing something that involved animals, nature or something "crafty". You know, decoupage, bread-baking, sewing, pottery with clay I dug out of the creek, making fabric dyes out of plants, making paper out of onion skins, etc.

When I got older, in college, I was always making food from scratch and making my own things to wear or decorate my apartment, doing my own mechanical/electrical/carpentry things, and growing things..... it was around the time that Martha Stewart first started publishing her books -when she was a little more "down-home" and not so over-the-top!- and people always said I was "more Martha than Martha"..... which bugged me because I had ALWAYS been that way, I wasn't trying to emulate anyone!

I think it's pretty interesting to see how, even though my life has taken such divergent paths, what I come down to now that I face middle age are the same interests I had a kid... and what makes me the happiest, and the most satisfied in my daily life, are the same things I loved as a kid.

Self-sufficiency, sustainability, creativity, beauty, and being close to nature are what it's all about for me.

Stacey

Quote:
Where in the world did you find that!! I HAVE to know! I HAVE to have it too!!!

Ooookaaaay.. That was Jeaucamom, not ChicknThief.
gig.gif

Chickaroo, I got your PM and passed it on to mom.
wink.png

I love the Waltons and the Little House on the Prairie Books.
I only like the early shows on the little house on the prairie episodes. The Books....we (I read them to my children) are read yearly here. I don't get to see the reruns very often...but when I can...always enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom