The Wyandotte Thread

It is a cockerel because of its coloring. Pullets will be laced all over. Cockerels will be darker with lacing only on the chest. Yours is a hatchery bird and not colored very well so you will not see one like him probably. But the silver in the wings and in the hackles is a cockerel thing not a pullet thing.

My birds are from a top breeder in the country so they have a lot more silver but notice they are NOT LACED except on the chest.

Stunning!!!!

I am looking for Buff Laced Wyandottes sometime this spring, anyone have any idea where I can get some? I've looked online and can't seem to find anyone :(

Last edited:
I am looking for Buff Laced Wyandottes sometime this spring, anyone have any idea where I can get some? I've looked online and can't seem to find anyone
sad.png
I'm working on it, but it may be a year or two.

Okay I have a question for the breeders out there.

What would be the best way to create bantam SLW. I have LF SLW and want bantams however the person I was going to buy from sold his entire flock so I will have to make my own. What should I breed to my large fowl to keep the color and decrease the size?

Thank You!

Which would you keep?

We absolutely LOVE both these birds. Unfortunately, we have to downsize and will be getting rid of one. We have a mixed flock of RIRs, BCMs, and EE's. We MIGHT let a hen hatch out a few eggs each spring (to keep for our own flock or sell as barnyard mix), but other than that we will not be breeding. I don't know the SOPs or anything, just curious on your thoughts about the way each bird looks and which might give more variety of chicks each spring.

Bue Laced Red Black cockerel needs a new home.
He is a beautiful bird located in North Idaho originally out of Foley lines, bred by Chickenhill Farms. Good temperament and not an all day crower.
smile.png
Free, of course, to a good home.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom