The Wyandotte Thread

And that's a sale!!
th.gif

yea.. i dont get it. who pays that much!? if no one paid it.. the prices might come down even more tho.. although, most of those I have never heard of.. so maybe they are worth it!

Yeah, I've been trying to find info on the Orust - it looks like a smaller breed and wonder what its temperament is like but nowhere on the internet can I find info about them other than the small GFF blurb. I love those crazy spotted legs but I don't buy a rare breed on looks alone. There's more photos of the Orust posted on the internet than breed info. Anyone know anything about them?

I want to start a block of wyandotte. The lady that live near me have Gold Laced and Blue Laced Red. I am looking for largest, friendly, calm, lay large egg, and quiet (especially the rooster). I love to have both color, but space is an issue so end up only able to select 1. Can someone suggest best 1 between the two?

Last edited:
I bought a bird years ago that was sold as a blue andelusian... it had black feet a black face and a black comb.

Welll she's definitely not an andelusian.
And now her babies have the black feet, combs and wattles as well. I was told she was a wyandotte but the black feet and combs are confusing. Could she be a silkie mix or is this normal for blues?

I bought a bird years ago that was sold as a blue andelusian... it had black feet a black face and a black comb.

Welll she's definitely not an andelusian.
And now her babies have the black feet, combs and wattles as well. I was told she was a wyandotte but the black feet and combs are confusing. Could she be a silkie mix or is this normal for blues?

I have some wyandotte mixes and I was wondering, if at 9 weeks this could still be a pullet as I first thought. compared to her brother who is for sure a male there is a HUGE difference!
They where 8 weeks old on Friday/Saturday

I am keeping only 3 so I need to kind of be somewhat sure of which are pullet/cockerel

My Wyandottes' yellow legs have changed color to a beige/gray. They are 1 year old hens. I have heard of hens' legs getting lighter with age but they are young! Will the color come back when they stop laying for the Fall?

Back
Top Bottom