These supplements ok for now?

Beccazon

Crowing
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan Thumb
Our TSC does not have brewers yeast. In fact nowhere within 30 miles has brewers yeast LOL and I could not afford the liquid B complex today. Will these suffice until Friday and can they both be added to the same water at the same time? My 2 oldest ducks were super pigs and got too fat too fast and at almost 7 weeks are getting pigeon-toed and knees seem a bit thick. I would like to prevent it from getting any worse and prevent the younger ones from becoming that way so I would like to start something right away and not wait until Friday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 7
Vitamins will not prevent ducks from getting fat.

These packets should be fine until Friday.

Vitamins will not prevent ducks from getting fat.

These packets should be fine until Friday.
Right. I just assumed that their weight at a young age contributed to their leg issues and that I should get the brewers yeast sooner than later. Since I could not do do without a 30 mile drive, which we will be doing Friday, I thought I should at least get some B vitamins and niacin into them if I could. I am separating the ducks so I can pull their food when I am not able to monitor their pigginess lol.

What feed do you feed them?
Chick 20% starter/grower. Per TSC. But Friday I planned to switch them to grower/finisher. The more I read I think the young guy that helped us at TSC was not the most knowledgeable and I should have done more of my own research first!

When I was younger, my parents fed crumbles but nearly every scrap from the house as well! That seems against all I have learned as an adult. They do get broccoli top to play with and bits of apples as treats too.

What should I do differently??

Our TSC does not have brewers yeast. In fact nowhere within 30 miles has brewers yeast LOL and I could not afford the liquid B complex today. Will these suffice until Friday and can they both be added to the same water at the same time? My 2 oldest ducks were super pigs and got too fat too fast and at almost 7 weeks are getting pigeon-toed and knees seem a bit thick. I would like to prevent it from getting any worse and prevent the younger ones from becoming that way so I would like to start something right away and not wait until Friday.

That same brand (Durvet) makes a jar of water soluble vitamins and electrolytes with a scoop for measuring. I use it regularly. They also make a probiotic to add to water, as well. They're a good company. As for keeping ducks from having problems with their legs, it won't really do much, though, as it doesn't have the higher dosage of specific vitamins you need for that. Controlling their feed levels will help with the weight issues, and the vitamin B complex addition should stave off any more problems with their legs. Controlling their weight will also help their legs, too - just like Cornish Cross have leg problems due to their extreme weight gain, I understand that some breeds of ducks can, too.

That same brand (Durvet) makes a jar of water soluble vitamins and electrolytes with a scoop for measuring. I use it regularly. They also make a probiotic to add to water, as well. They're a good company. As for keeping ducks from having problems with their legs, it won't really do much, though, as it doesn't have the higher dosage of specific vitamins you need for that. Controlling their feed levels will help with the weight issues, and the vitamin B complex addition should stave off any more problems with their legs. Controlling their weight will also help their legs, too - just like Cornish Cross have leg problems due to their extreme weight gain, I understand that some breeds of ducks can, too.
Ok so I am on the right page...partly. So vitamin B complex only? Brewers yeast no? Or also? I am a bit ashamed at letting them eat as I had and not paying closer attention to their legs but I would rather look a fool and deal with it now than have completely lame birds later

Back
Top Bottom