Things you wish you could say

When I worked at a pizza joint, we had a bus boy who mixed ammonia and bleach to clean the ice machine one day when it was slow. It was one of the large units you could scoop a 5 gallon bucket of ice out of at a time, and he was halfway leaning into it to scrub the bottom when we found him passed out from the fumes. We had to close and so did the stores on either side of us in the complex due to the fumes. Dude spent 3 days in the hospital.

Do not be dude.

When I worked at a pizza joint, we had a bus boy who mixed ammonia and bleach to clean the ice machine one day when it was slow. It was one of the large units you could scoop a 5 gallon bucket of ice out of at a time, and he was halfway leaning into it to scrub the bottom when we found him passed out from the fumes. We had to close and so did the stores on either side of us in the complex due to the fumes. Dude spent 3 days in the hospital.

Do not be dude.
And I thought "we" did dumb stuff in the pizza place.

And I thought "we" did dumb stuff in the pizza place.
The manager on duty that day ended up getting fired over it because he definitely knew better. Not sure dude did. He was somewhere on the spectrum and just may not have understood. Great guy and a lot of fun to work with, but the elevator clearly did not go to the penthouse.

The manager on duty that day ended up getting fired over it because he definitely knew better. Not sure dude did. He was somewhere on the spectrum and just may not have understood. Great guy and a lot of fun to work with, but the elevator clearly did not go to the penthouse.
The ice machine was clean though. Right?

They are making sense, for a change.
basketball wives if i had some pearls on id be clutching them GIF by VH1

GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN AND GET FANS IN THERE NOW.

Kay, seriously. You need to report it to your boss and if you don't start feeling better soon call poison control and 911. Do not screw around with this, it's serious enough to kill you.
Chef cleared the kitchen and he and the line cooks set up fans, including the industrial ones. It took a while to clear out. Chef tore the kid a new one and put down new rules for using the chemicals. Not once has he ever had to tell his dishwashers to not mix things, until now. I mix the detergent and sanitizer when needed, and whatever chemicals I use with water. That is it. Because I am not stupid. I paid attention in chemistry (I had no idea what chemicals he had grabbed as I could not see the labels). I mean, who plays with that crap and not know you can kill everyone? I let everyone at home know what happened just in case.

Back
Top Bottom