~*Third Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatch-Athon*~ all poultry welcome!

Ok poult photobomb:
asleep in a pile
close up of the whites
drying off after butt cleaning. This one had bad pasty butt and it was stuck in a huge glob on her.

congrats caleb! I saw those emus on the easter thred......they looked like dinos they are so big! is that you in the picture of them? are they strong birds? I just love them!

what did you end up naming them and what was their genders?
Thanks, and I named them Oomoo and Lu lu, but I think I'll change that name too "raptor" lol, and yes that's me. And yes again lol, they are EXTREMELY strong for just a month, and can sprint at like 15 miles an hour for a LONG time!!! They are just amazing!

I have tried CL and that doesn't generate traffic either. . . maybe I need to tag the small city near by . . . This is the time of year that I start freezing eggs and making more pickled eggs . . . made with Braggs , of course.
big_smile.png
Hmmmm….a lot probably depends on what part of the country you are in but I would have thought MA would be full of people wanting farm fresh eggs. Out here so many people keep their own chickens, that I'm surprised I've been able to sell as many as I have this year. I just had a new buyer come and pick up 10 doz. I'm so glad to have my stack go down a noticeable amount.

I'm so confused! The air cells look great. The chicks dropped down into position but then never hatched. Why?
I would suspect poor ventilation in your incubator. Hatching is hard work and chicks need a LOT of oxygen in order to complete the task, so good air flow is vital to success. I can't remember if you've said what kind of incubator you have. If it is a commercial incubator like the Little Giant Styro Bator, leave ALL the plugs out for hatch. If it is a home-built and it is possible to punch a bunch more holes in it, do it. With my home-builts, I made the holes the size a cork would fit into so I could plug them if I needed to. I've never plugged them as I found I was getting 100% hatches off my own eggs with all holes open, so why change what's working?

Hmmmm….a lot probably depends on what part of the country you are in but I would have thought MA would be full of people wanting farm fresh eggs.  Out here so many people keep their own chickens, that I'm surprised I've been able to sell as many as I have this year.  I just had a new buyer come and pick up 10 doz.  I'm so glad to have my stack go down a noticeable amount.

I would suspect poor ventilation in your incubator.  Hatching is hard work and chicks need a LOT of oxygen in order to complete the task, so good air flow is vital to success.  I can't remember if you've said what kind of incubator you have.  If it is a commercial incubator like the Little Giant Styro Bator, leave ALL the plugs out for hatch.  If it is a home-built and it is possible to punch a bunch more holes in it, do it.  With my home-builts, I made the holes the size a cork would fit into so I could plug them if I needed to.  I've never plugged them as I found I was getting 100% hatches off my own eggs with all holes open, so why change what's working?
It is the LG. I read the thread that I think Yinepu told me about when I first bought it and the first thing I did was throw out the vent plugs. I'm wondering if the swamp cooler in the classroom had anything to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom