Tractor Supply's chicks?

i just called ours april 15th punxy pa tsc will have them. they have bunnies now have for about a mth $10 each for those. they said peeps will be different varieties should have both sexes but she didn't know if they would be straight run. she thought some seperated some not.

My local TSCs will have chicks starting around the seventh of march. They said they get the bunnies sometime around easter. A small independent feedstore near me gets their chicks in on the 6th. They usually get ducks in April.

Our local TSC has 3 bins set up for chicks and ducks. They are getting them in on the 7th. I was surprised when I saw there set up for I was not sure they were going to have them.

I called my tractor supply today here in Northern Michigan. I was told they will be getting chicks this year. This is the first time in like 3-4 years they are getting chicks. She didnt know what breeds they will be getting, but she did say they will be a good variety. She also said they will be getting straight run and pullets.

The only part I got a kick out of is when I asked when they would be in. And I quote "Middle of April beginning of March." When I said oh they will be in a few days she said no, "Middle of April beginning of March" I told her well doesnt March begin in less than a week. There was a long pause, then I heard her say "January, February, March, April." You could tell she was embarrassed, she then corrected herself to middle of March, beginning of April.
wink.png

The Tractor Supply in one town over will have them, the one in another will not. The one that has them always has straight run. They have just a big tub of assorted chicks. I had great luck one year with them. I picked out all red comet sex links. I was so proud of myself. I got forty nine hens and one rooster, just like I wanted.

That was the meanest rooster I ever owned. Boy was he a terror!

Good luck!

Does anyone know if TSC offers a return of exchange on dead chicks? We bought 20 from them yesterday, and found one dead this morning. It doesn't seem right for them to NOT offer something. Even the local super grocery store will take back dead fish. Thanks!!

Ok here's the lowdown on most TSC's. You can special order chicks (pullets or straight run). It has to be a minimum of 25 and they get shipped to your door or local post office. They have a pamphlet so you can look at the breeds they offer. If you go to the stores they will have a few different bins some pullets some straight run. They are mostly assorted breeds (whatever the hatchery sends us). TSC employees are not sexing the chickens it is the hatchery that identifies them (just like when they send them to you). Here in PA, TSC gets theirs from MT Healthy. West. Pa stores are getting SR RIR, SR Cochins, assorted pullets, and assorted bantams.
Hope this helps everyone!

We bought chicks at our local TSC yesterday. They had RIR and sex-link pullets, and also straight run bantams. They will be getting ducks in. The rabbits are there, too.

So, so adorable! Our babies appear to be healthy. We got 3 each of the RIRs and sex-link pullets. They look like they should be on Easter cards, they are so cute! We got 4 Silkies last week privately, and they look huge next to our new peepers. They sure do grow fast!
bun.gif

ChickyLaura

Back
Top Bottom