Ursuline Chick

It is with the greatest sadness I must report the passing of our sister Tracy, known here as Ursuline Chick. She died on March 11th after a long battle with chronic pain and debility. She loved her friends here at BYC.
Some of you know that we were married and I would like to take a moment to tell you something about her. While she was usually shy and private, she was willing to offer sympathy and advice to all who needed it. In her trips around the Sun she was a mother, grandmother, teacher, tax accountant and a Critical Care nurse.
She loved her city, New Orleans, and would proudly tell you that her folks had been here for 300 years. She could wax on about history, culture, geography, hunting, fishing, sailing, cooking, gardening, English sports cars and lately, chickens, all from hands on experience. Her skills in the kitchen were unsurpassed, especially with Sicilian and Creole cooking.
She will always be the light and Love of my life.
Hayden, you already know how much Urs(and you) mean to me. Still praying for peace for you and your loved ones. Urs will be deeply missed but never forgotten. She was an amazing person who I wish I knew in real life. Hugs and love 🛸🏴‍☠️♥️

@Hayden Goseek this is very sad news. Thank you for sharing so many wonderful photos and memories with us!

It brought a warm feeling look back on her most recent posts. Such a wonderful spirit of care, friendliness, and support to others.

She will be missed.

1711088721511.png

Is it silly to be crying over someone who I never met? Whose real name I never knew? I don't think so. Because your Tracy was clearly an amazing woman, loved not only by you but by many others.

I enjoyed our online conversations, which sometimes had less to do with chickens and more with historical reenacting, which was a hobby for my Jim and me until his passing a few years ago. I love the photo at the Battle of New Orleans site; you two look like a couple that we would be happy to share a fire with.

Take care of yourself; she would want that, I'm certain. May her spirit be free and at peace now.

Back
Top Bottom