USPS won't get me my chicks in under 72 hours!

Just received tracking update that the chicks arrive at the post office this morning!!!! Will Post Office call me? Is it standard that they call me to pick up the chicks?
Didn’t call me for any of my 3 shipments two months ago, even though I’d called the day before and they said of course, we’ll call. They’re overwhelmed and unreliable, you should go just to be safe or call to check if they received the shipment.

A friend of mine has received chicken shipments twice recently. He said the guy at the post office has called him promptly at 6am both times. He said that dude don’t want those chicks in his post office all day! LOL!

I got my chicks all alive! I wasn't totally happy about the entire situation and I blame USPS. Our office doesn’t answer the phone! Consistently. So when I find out that the chicks have arrived at the PO, I call them no answer over and over. Less than one hour later I get a tracking update that the chicks are out for delivery. Of course, I would like to get them now and would pick up but I will accept a day early! 6 hours later, the PO calls me and asks me when I’m coming to get my chicks 😡 I told them I was ready at 6am and they sat in a box at the Post Office unnecessarily for another 6 hours. I told them that there’s no way for me to reach them by phone and that tracking update states that they were already out for delivery at at 7am. I could not leave the house and risk missing the delivery.

Not sure that I ever want to mail order chicks ever again.

Happy ending though. Chicks are alive and in the brooder!

thank you all for your support!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom