Video Cameras

TARDIS37379

Songster
Apr 20, 2019
Mowbray Mountain, Tennessee 37379
My Coop
My Coop
In my 3 coops I have installed two different camera system to be able to view the coops and runs. This allows me to monitor and check on all my fowl without disturbing them, especially at night.
I run a total of 14 cameras both interior and exterior.
Do you have cameras? What works for you if you do?
I have found the IR light becomes a “street light” for chicks and they tend to hang under it after they stop sleeping under the heat plate.
Question?
Concerns?
Ideas?
Smart Remarks?
😁

Attachments

• 9EAE3C66-5054-4FDE-A86F-4BF30DDD8B0B.jpeg
    9EAE3C66-5054-4FDE-A86F-4BF30DDD8B0B.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 0AAFA7F3-8B71-49FD-8547-F3355DFF9ED1.jpeg
    0AAFA7F3-8B71-49FD-8547-F3355DFF9ED1.jpeg
    245.1 KB · Views: 32
I think it's a cool idea to check their sleeping habits without disturbing them. Mine are very light sleepers, despite being told that chickens are deep sleepers. A 14 camera shoot might be a bit obsessive, but I can't judge. I spend time at work building ridiculous toys and contraptions for my birds.:lau:oops:. Good thing I'm the boss.

What kind of cameras are you running? I was thinking about getting some Wyze cameras and one of the 3rd party weatherproof covers for one to watch my chickens in the run and the backyard.

What kind of cameras are you running? I was thinking about getting some Wyze cameras and one of the 3rd party weatherproof covers for one to watch my chickens in the run and the backyard.
I have an Arlo system which is pricey but I already had it on hand. It’s easy to work and move but it’s a pricey system and very limited on storage.
The other system is an 8 camera system by OHWOAI and it does well. The app is a little clunky but the entire system was just over $350. I got it from Amazon and you can find others on eBay but beware of junk.

I design a lot of camera systems or Government. We use a lot of Axis and Hanwha and their lightfinder technologies are amazing. They are way to expensive for home owners unless you find a used one. Their cameras show a no moon night like a cloudy day.

Back
Top Bottom