Wanted - meat rabbits - Pennsylvania

dakotahope

Hatching
11 Years
Nov 11, 2008
orrtanna , pa
Hi ,
i am looking to get back into raising meat rabbits again NZW , Californian, Champange d argent ,Silver fox or Giant Chinchilla maybe even a Creme D'Argent . We are looking to find them with in a month now or by then. I don't need show qaulity pets / and or backyard only. please email me with photos or your website. mom and dad and or kits also. how much your asking and i prefer Pa, Md, but may travel or ship ?
Me

Check the homesteading today forum they have a map with meat rabbit breeders or the ARBA. That is how I found my Cal and NZ.

I also recommend getting as good quality stock as you can afford. I have backyard bunnies and they aren't nearly as my breeder bunnies. I paid $10 for the backyard cal x nz and 20 for the purbreed cals and NZ.
I think the difference betwen backyard and breeder bunnies is the same as raising chickens for meat and raising meat chickens.

You might also search out ARBA sanctioned shows in your area. Do a google search for rabbit shows. I've located sources for both NZ & Californians in my area of Maine but today I got to meet them at a show about an hour south of here.

As a plus, I was able to watch the judging and pick up some tips of what the judges look for and it may be helpful when I go to buy my breeding stock. I'll be attending another show this spring and will pay even closer attention to the judging.

Wayne

smile.png
Thanks you all , i did know about ARBA but not the forum. ill try google and other searches.
Kim

Hi ,
i am looking to get back into raising meat rabbits again NZW , Californian, Champange d argent ,Silver fox or Giant Chinchilla maybe even a Creme D'Argent . We are looking to find them with in a month now or by then. I don't need show qaulity pets / and or backyard only. please email me with photos or your website. mom and dad and or kits also. how much your asking and i prefer Pa, Md, but may travel or ship ?
Me

Back
Top Bottom