Announcement Welcome To The New BYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps, but I still use BYC less than before. If I don't get a notice in my email, I don't know how to find threads I used to post to. Usually just two, Homesteaders and New York Chicken Lovers. That's it.

Perhaps you just need to update a few settings.....

At the top of the page where it displays your avatar it says "Account". Hover over that or click on it to bring up a sub menu. Then click on Preferences and tick any box that allows alerts or email alerts. Also, right below Preferences is Alert Preferences, do the same here, tick any box that allows alerts and emails sent to you.

Also, at the top of many pages (and if you are on the Forums page) you'll see a sub menu under the header where the buttons Forums, Gallery, Articles, Reviews, etc. are displayed. It will read:
Any watched threads with unread posts will display in the Watched Threads link. Same with Watched Forums. This is an easy way to find the threads you are watching (subscribed) to.

Here are some photos that might help.

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 9.43.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 9.44.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 9.44.34 AM.png

Perhaps, but I still use BYC less than before. If I don't get a notice in my email, I don't know how to find threads I used to post to. Usually just two, Homesteaders and New York Chicken Lovers. That's it.
It is a much more complex platform than the old one, takes a long time to get used to just navigating it let alone learning all the plethora of setting options...and some things will be forever worse than before, like the image management. Typical software 'up'grade, lots of bells and whistles to thrill the techies, but few real improvements(and lots of difficulties) for average users.

I think we sady lost quite a few veteran members, and gained quite a few newbies.
But change is inevitable and ya just gotta roll with it. I've figured pretty much it out but still will whine once in a while.

One thing the edit restriction did was keep me from going back to replace old non-watermarked photos with watermarked ones, something I wanted to do when folks began stealing them for their Ebay ads. If we can edit those, yippeeeeee!!
Dearest Speckeledhen,
Wanted you to know that your two signature quotes made me laugh out loud!!! Good the cat wasn't in or she would have jumped, I'm sure.
From, new egg, Ms Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom