Announcement Welcome To The New BYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Non of the blue links work for me. Videos, I just hear, but there is a black screen.
@Cynthia12

I remember an issue like this from years ago. I did find an answer which I hope helps

I resolved the issue (in Explorer 11 running in Windows 7) by accomplishing the following: Select explorer settings / Internet Options /Advanced tab / in Settings - Accelerated graphics check mark “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering*” / then select OK.

I found some android fixes. Try them in order.

1. Turn off the phone, wait a couple of minutes and turn on the phone.Check to see if the videos work
2. Go to Settings>Apps and find the app that is not playing the videos. Likely Chrome but could be another app. and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again and log back in if needed.
3. Make sure the android level is up to date. There were some problems in the kit kat days that had some problem with hardware layers. Those blanked the video when flipping the screen view from portrait to landscape.
4. There is a whole sections of things to try in Chrome:
Step 1: Update Chrome
You might need the latest version of Chrome to play your video. Learn how to update Chrome for your computer and mobile device.

Step 2: Turn on JavaScript
Your video might require JavaScript. YouTube videos, for example, won't run without JavaScript.

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Chrome app
    hoyrHHY874OtJFVNTfoeYGZiKzTzaOrGqeop

2. In the top right, tap More
    ArAlBcUAe8h1l5m69uxnwElxkqwW0QdtIc3F
    nHFGZ_9xjCh-mP83zMzXQVJF5VYf2n6kwoBIxB2zv3V4VPT4gNTtBye8lYznogLqLPY=w13-h18
    Settings.

3. Under "Advanced," tap Site Settings.
  4. Tap JavaScript, then turn the setting on.
  5. Exit and reload the site you were trying to access.
Step 3: Reset your Internet connection
Your Internet network might be causing problems with video playback. Try resetting it:

1. Turn off your computer or mobile device.
  2. Unplug your modem and your wireless router, if it’s a separate device.
  3. Wait for about one minute.
  4. Plug in your modem and wait until all the lights have stopped blinking.
  5. If you unplugged your router, plug it back in and wait until the lights have stopped blinking.
  6. Turn on your computer or mobile device and try playing your video.
Step 4: Check your extensions, plugins, cache, and cookies
Some video issues are caused by Chrome extensions, plugins, or something saved in your browser data.

Check to see if the video will play in an Incognito window in Chrome. If it does play, you may need to clear your browsing data.

Note: Keep in mind that clearing your cache and cookies erases your settings for websites. Here are some examples:

• If you chose to have sites remember your username and password, they will be cleared from your browser's memory when you clear cache and cookies. You'll have to sign in to these sites again.
  • Websites might load a little slower because all of the images and content pieces have to be loaded from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom