Announcement Welcome To The New BYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
IMG_20170513_224626.jpg

I've just been playing around with things. Feeling a bit lost and confused, but I think I'm getting things down now. :lol:

Lots of things I'm liking so far! (Finally an 'about me' section in our profiles! Actually, look at all that new stuff in profiles! And all the stuff you can now see on other people's profiles! And the new PM system is awesome! Also, hellooo post draft save thingy!)

A few things I'm not so fond of... (Why are you following me, navigation bar? And why won't your drop downs just GO AWAY?! And alerts. What's with the alerts?)

Some things, I'm going to really miss. ('Currently viewing this thread', subscriptions (especially the home page subscriptions setting), the thing that popped up in the corner when a new post was added while you were typing a reply, email notifications as they were (I loved getting an email notification only when I was mentioned or quoted, not one for EVERY SINGLE reply to a thread!)... Dare I say it? Ovation comments!!)

And my flock page was totally TRASHED on this new system for some reason, so I'm going to have to fix that and make sure none of the rest of my pages are messed up. I'm also noticing that deleted comments on articles have come back from the dead... And since article comments couldn't be edited before, I did a LOT of deleting and tweaking to my comments!

BUT, I'm sure I'll get used to it all in the end. :) Or, at least most of it... (I'm lookin' at you, alerts... :smack )

:gig

You can turn off alerts in settings. I think they're nice -- a catch-all for notifications that isn't my email.

I quite enjoy the privacy settings. Overall, I think this'll be a change for the better.

Messing with BYH definitely helped me get ready for this, too. I already had the alerts figgered and the picture posting.

And my flock page was totally TRASHED on this new system for some reason, so I'm going to have to fix that and make sure none of the rest of my pages are messed up. I'm also noticing that deleted comments on articles have come back from the dead... And since article comments couldn't be edited before, I did a LOT of deleting and tweaking to my comments!
We are working on getting article formatting fixed.

:lau

You can turn off alerts in settings. I think they're nice -- a catch-all for notifications that isn't my email.

I know, I played with the settings a bit. I guess I was looking for something more like what the subscriptions were, where it pops up when you have a new post to read and actually takes you to those posts. And also doesn't just randomly disappear because you mouse over it! Sometimes I like to look at my subscriptions to see where posts have come up, but decide to read later, and I don't tend to remember so well without that little red flag in the corner, quietly saying, OI! :lol: But then, once I read it, I kind of expect that to be gone and not have to shoo it away!

Ah, don't mind me, I just need time to get over the 'what the heck?' factor and figure things out! :D

We are working on getting article formatting fixed.

:thumbsup Glad to hear that!

You all like my new sig?

Very nice! :clap And that gives me another thing I'm liking--images in signatures!

But it also reminds me, where are our badges?

I also just accidentally highlighted something in a previous post and it gave me an option to quote it. Oh so cool!

Edit to add, oh wow, editing posts is cool, too! Haha! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom