Announcement Welcome To The New BYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Hooray! Is there any way to keep the bar with all the pages from following me when I scroll down? :)
not that i have seen :/

Not sure this is an issue but noticed as I hit the dot on 'all threads watched page' for going to newest unread post...it's going to mid April or so(not consistent that I can see), posts I have already read before 'read only' started are marked 'new'.

These are threads that were on my subscription list, and this is happened with threads that were posted on today after re-open and others that have not been posted on today.

Not that big of a deal, I just go to the last page and scroll back, but thought I'd mention it.
i started a thread on this under the conversion feedback :)

I know you said you were thinking of clearing this thread out when we go live but does that include all threads we've started/posted on? Cause I just started one and just got a reply on another one and don't want to lose them. Although i could screenshot too
he said he was moving this one to the GFM only section so that he can start another like this for everyone else to ask questions, all other content that has been posted will remain

Also i thought i was overrun with chickens not chillin with my peeps.
it is based on trophy points now which is really neat!

But......

I want the 'watched threads" list to have the number of posts since I last visited each thread. Like the old "favorites" had the number of posts since last read.

It was very clean and clear. But I don't think I'm getting it on the watched list. Is the number of posts since I last read there somewhere and I'm just missing it?
it is not here but once it slows down i am going to ask nifty if there is a way to get that feature back ;)

No, sadly it doesn't have that feature... one I will miss very much.... UNLESS they can add it in at a later date. Maybe after they are done with the conversion and completely bored, we can petition to add the new post count feature back in! That and who is viewing the thread, too! They will be thrilled to have something to do, don't you think? :D
Ditto! and he said he is working on a who's viewing the thread thing but it may take awhile

Has he not switched it over as the official site uet.Everytime I go to my app it gets on the old site.

Also where are the unanswered threads and how do we know if we got a notifications on a thread?
The app was created for the OLD domain created by Huddler it will NOT work for the NEW xenforo site, delete the app, they are going to create a new one once all the bugs are worked out

i suggest for now log in to BYC, and create a link to it on your phone homepage

I had to reset my password to get in. My regular password did not work.
me too, but i reser it to the same password LOL

And...will we get to be able to make the little comments when we "like" as we were able to on the old byc? That's on my wishlist :)
nope that feature will not be coming back

I dunno about that, we'll see... Everything is really confusing for me.

I'm confused by these alert thingos where the "Articles" and "Reviews" tabs are, how do I get rid of them? I can't really figure out much right now.

View attachment 548191
hover your mouse over and mark as read BUT see note below

Articles and Reviews are still being worked on, so the numbers and alerts for them are probably still going to keep changing.
THANKS!!!

I have to say I have read a lot about chickens the last few weeks. This site gets about 85-90% of my attention when I am looking stuff up. There are so many members and so many articles, posts, etc.. just filled with truly useful information. It is truly the best site for poultry / fowl related information in my opinion.
I recently posted pics of a couple chicks I couldn't identify, when I first started looking around my son said to me "You going to BackYardChickens? They will tell you before the hatchery does. " he was right....
Isnt it a great community here??!!!??

We're planning to move the domain tomorrow around 11 am PST (2pm Eastern), and once we do that, we'll lose all access to the old site and not be able to check / compare stuff like we can now.

So, one more time: Please quote this post and reply with something like, "Yup, I checked my forum posts, PM's, articles, etc. and everything seems to be moved over!"

:D
it seems that everything is good, but a question, i cant search for old user's posts/threads/articles? like by their name
as an example i was trying to find a thread by @monarc23 (cant tag her either) is this going to change? I reference her quail articles quite often and would love to be able to search by her name as i have a hard time remember the name of the thread/articles

Oh look, it's almost 4 am. I guess that means time for bed!

Ugh, and I think all this extra stress and lack of sleep has made me susceptible to getting a cold :(

After tomorrow, it's all y'all's turn to run the show! ;)
OH NO!!!! get some rest, drink some OJ and eat some chicken noodle soup!! Feel better soon!!!

Nifty or anybody else who might know. How do I change it so that I don't get an email everytime I get a new PM. Used to be able to change it on the old site.

yes there is go to preferences (not alert preferences)

Untitled 3.png
Untitled 2.png

let me know if that does not work

HELP NEEDED!

Please quote this message if you were able to login WITHOUT resetting your password.

We had a lot of peeps have a hard time getting in. I need to verify if some of you were able to get in with your old passwords!!!

Got in with my old password but had to switch to email instead of username...
Tried 3 times with username and it said 'username not found'
But I am fine with using the email, at least I know I haven't been lost entirely!

We're planning to move the domain tomorrow around 11 am PST (2pm Eastern), and once we do that, we'll lose all access to the old site and not be able to check / compare stuff like we can now.

So, one more time: Please quote this post and reply with something like, "Yup, I checked my forum posts, PM's, articles, etc. and everything seems to be moved over!"

as far as I've been able to see, it's all there, but have to check my coop page here (Clutch Hutch). I've got my inbox all cleaned up now. Posting and Private messaging all seem to work just fine. Adding pictures and videos works. I've changed my avatar twice already, changed preferences, my BST feedback is there now, etc. Let me check my coop page, but I don't see anything missing or not working so far. Got in with the old password just fine.

ETA: Oh, coops pages are not here yet, Rob. It goes back to the old site, the link to it, unless I've missed something!

Last edited:

My articles are there. Just a camera for what I assume will be the thumbnails, but the photos within the articles are all there. Thanks, Nifty and crew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom