Announcement Welcome To The New BYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I better get checking/looking for stuff lol i still haven't done that yet and i have posted a looooot aha

It only found posts from the past few days in the my content thing :(

But I'm going to look for it in watched threads

The little icon to the left of Reply to Thread at the top is a drop down menu, so it's really like the drop down is just moved over some, not a big deal, but at first I hovered over Forums and nothing. Took me a bit to find that little icon that looks like a USB plug or something, LOL. You hover over it, it turns red and says "Open quick navigation".

The content only shows what has been posted on the new site, not all our content (yet?). Still in the process of moving, getting the last few items at the old house boxed up.

We're planning to move the domain tomorrow around 11 am PST (2pm Eastern), and once we do that, we'll lose all access to the old site and not be able to check / compare stuff like we can now.

So, one more time: Please quote this post and reply with something like, "Yup, I checked my forum posts, PM's, articles, etc. and everything seems to be moved over!"

:D

I'm still looking through things, but the only missing thing I've noticed so far is all the 'likes' for my articles have disappeared. Judging from my ovation count over there vs my like count over here, it looks like they've just vanished entirely. (My 'Ovation Received' count over there is 1216 (that's the number without the weird multiplier). I had 1099 likes when I first came over to this, so I'm missing 117, I assume from article likes? Edit, I just realized 6 of those 1216 are from the GFM section after the site went to read only, so I'm missing more like 111?)

I *think* all of my threads have come over, but it's hard to be sure without being able to search for them or find them on my lookup. The important ones are here, anyway, so I'm not overly concerned about that. I'm pretty sure all my posts made it, so we're good there. :)

Edit 2: I just went through and looked at my ovations for my articles on the old site, and it adds up to 99. Either my math is way off (a distinct possibility, actually :lol: ) or I'm missing some ovations / likes from somewhere else as well...

Edit 3: Okay, I found 13 more on pictures, so I get why those are missing. Only thing is, that doesn't add up to 111, so I did mess up my math somewhere. :oops: Oops.

Last edited:
it is saying the article is too large already, it was too big for the old byc and was giving issues already, Rob wanted me to split it into more articles just never took the days errr weeks to do the job. I guess I will have to work on that at some point. Just dont know how large I can go on articles now. will have to ask when the chaos is over and just start using google docs for notes for a bit. It can wait, just so we keep track of stuff somewhere until we can make changes. too much happening now to worry about that stuff.
Oh, lovely... Let me know if you need help.

Thanks. :)

Under watched threads there's 17 pages amd i found a lot of my many many random/dumb posts and a few of the important ones so that's a good sign so I'm going to assume it's all there haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom