Announcement Welcome To The New BYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also on Chrome. It's not so much that I CAN'T access my profile page, NAF - I found that on Day One. But simple little differences in directions are throwing me off. In this particular thread, for example, people have posted over and over again to "hover over your avatar where it says accounts and a drop down menu will appear". I tried that days ago the first time I read that, thinking, "Well, why have I been bothering to click on it to get the drop down if all I have to do is hover?" and have tried it every time since then. Well, as you can see in the video, it simply doesn't drop down. I have to actually click on it to get the drop down box, which differs from everyone's written instructions.

Now that might not be a big deal...after all, I CAN access it so what's the crisis? But what is hard, at least for me, is when the steps don't match the actual process. This really isn't an earth shaking issue by itself. Who cares if I have to hover or click? I don't. But if I DO want to do something, I find instructions, and then they don't match what I see on my screen, I just want to throw something! Another example is that "eye". Yep, I finally saw it, when I clicked on the link. Not before, not at the top of the page in the thread title, not on my list of watched threads....so what good does it do me to follow those directions to even see it?

I'm not explaining this at all well. Think I'll just call it a night and hit the sack, then try again in the morning when I'm fresh. Thanks everyone for your patience. This change is going to be harder on some of us that it is on others, and I think I'm going to be one of those.
I am also on Chrome. It's not so much that I CAN'T access my profile page, NAF - I found that on Day One. But simple little differences in directions are throwing me off. In this particular thread, for example, people have posted over and over again to "hover over your avatar where it says accounts and a drop down menu will appear". I tried that days ago the first time I read that, thinking, "Well, why have I been bothering to click on it to get the drop down if all I have to do is hover?" and have tried it every time since then. Well, as you can see in the video, it simply doesn't drop down. I have to actually click on it to get the drop down box, which differs from everyone's written instructions.

Now that might not be a big deal...after all, I CAN access it so what's the crisis? But what is hard, at least for me, is when the steps don't match the actual process. This really isn't an earth shaking issue by itself. Who cares if I have to hover or click? I don't. But if I DO want to do something, I find instructions, and then they don't match what I see on my screen, I just want to throw something! Another example is that "eye". Yep, I finally saw it, when I clicked on the link. Not before, not at the top of the page in the thread title, not on my list of watched threads....so what good does it do me to follow those directions to even see it?

I'm not explaining this at all well. Think I'll just call it a night and hit the sack, then try again in the morning when I'm fresh. Thanks everyone for your patience. This change is going to be harder on some of us that it is on others, and I think I'm going to be one of those.
:hugs :hugs

Wait....you have to put that in the new thread. I'll make one tomorrow.

And...not for all wishes to come true but just suggestions for consideration :)
Well, hurry up, I want my response processed STAT... I'm getting weak here from lack of chocolate.

Okay, I found the list of followers. Thanks for doing that. Still don't know how to turn that off, since I really don't want stalkers, but I suppose I can live with that if I have to.

But I can hover my cursor over where it says "account" until the cows come home and until I physically click on it, I get nada. That's where the biggest source of my frustration is coming from. You guys are all posting excellent instructions for how to do stuff, but if what you're saying isn't working on my computer or I just don't get it, I'm dead in the water trying to figure out what you mean.

Every one of is using a different device.
Some computer, macs, tablets, phones.
Every single one of these has different "instructions"...It is a pain in the rear.

No, I don't. Honestly, I don't.

Edited, Okay, once I clicked on the attachment link I saw it....but not on the thread title where I'm typing right now.
the eye appears by the thread title when you are viewing your watched threads list.

alright but the following me I know or have greeted them new all but one is Washington state like me one she had a sick chick I helped it was easy

Blooie, you can Ignore people who are following you. I don't know what it does exactly (since I haven't tried it because I don't want to mess something up :lol: ) but if you're really worried about stalkers, that might put your mind at ease :p

Blooie, you can Ignore people who are following you. I don't know what it does exactly (since I haven't tried it because I don't want to mess something up :lol: ) but if you're really worried about stalkers, that might put your mind at ease :p
Oh and Blooie, if you go to the Privacy settings, you can choose who exactly sees your activity (anyone, members, or members who follow you).

Every single one of these has different "instructions"...It is a pain in the rear.

not only is it very difficult to create instructions for all of the different browsers devices etcetera, but it's even harder to try to develop software for all of them! Developers are usually stuck with trying to decide between really awesome features that work only in the newer browsers, but unfortunately leaving behind people with older browsers, or leaving out the newer features to support all versions of browsers.

There was an article a few years ago about a company that decided to only support one browser and only one version, and saved a ton of money and developer time doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom