Announcement Welcome To The New BYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make it something easy to type and something that won't give my little spell checker dude more apoplexy. Poor guy about faints when I try to type some of these names! Something like Fred or Sparky....

Just noticed something new. What does Premium Member mean? Is that the new name for GFM owners?

ETA: ne'er mind. :p I figured it out haha

Last edited:
Hey Everyone!
Stopping by to say "Hi!"
I'm in North Alabama, just keeping a few hens as a small backyard flock. Currently have Americanas, Silkies, Welsummers and a Lone Polish.

Michelle

Hello and Welcome to BYC, so glad you have joined us

You should post a thread under the New Members forum to receive further welcomes:)

I, Blooie the uncomputerable, have learned the secret to that alert box. Yes, yes I did. And now, because you've all been good to me throughout my fumbling, I'm going to share the secret of that pesky little drop down box.

Ignore it. Yep, totally. It doesn't do anything but exercise your math skills since you have to look at the number on it and then count and make sure the notifications you read match it. Otherwise you can't tell your read ones from your unread ones, and what good does that do you? After a good clean-out of my watched threads list (and frankly, I think I'd rather clean the chicken coop than clean up BYC clutter I've created) I got it down to threads I actually DO watch. So I head there first when I pop in, read unread posts there, and whadaya know? That number on the alert box goes away!! Oh, a couple of "likes" stay behind, but as far as that box knows I've obediently responded. That's all it takes to make it happy.

You're welcome. :highfive:

I, Blooie the uncomputerable, have learned the secret to that alert box. Yes, yes I did. And now, because you've all been good to me throughout my fumbling, I'm going to share the secret of that pesky little drop down box.

Ignore it. Yep, totally. It doesn't do anything but exercise your math skills since you have to look at the number on it and then count and make sure the notifications you read match it. Otherwise you can't tell your read ones from your unread ones, and what good does that do you? After a good clean-out of my watched threads list (and frankly, I think I'd rather clean the chicken coop than clean up BYC clutter I've created) I got it down to threads I actually DO watch. So I head there first when I pop in, read unread posts there, and whadaya know? That number on the alert box goes away!! Oh, a couple of "likes" stay behind, but as far as that box knows I've obediently responded. That's all it takes to make it happy.

They go away when you read the threads?? Neat, thanks!

Thanks, and your post made me investigate the Alert button, look at the right bottom of list and you can select only alerts you would really want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom