Announcement Welcome To The New BYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I like them the way the are. Now we know they are there, folks should be able to use them if wanted...or just ignore if not :D
This pretty much sums it up. Once people know where they are on the screen, it's much easier going forward. I personally prefer the current opacity level, and as @Nifty-Chicken said, it's a balancing act because the theme also has to work on mobile devices with reduced screen real estate.

@KikisGirls
I just noticed, my gals have dark on their beaks, do you think that means they may not be Welsummers? :hit

here is the SOP http://www.welsummerclub.org/Standard.htm
but hatchery quality is not the same as breeder quality but :confused: who knows!

What is a signature? How is it used?
you have a signature:

Untitled.png

I was wondering if the Start A New Thread heading could be displayed on the home page and more on other pages. It seems to be harder to find for a lot of new people who are posting on other or older theads, which always confuses everyone trying to help.

I was wondering if the Start A New Thread heading could be displayed on the home page and more on other pages. It seems to be harder to find for a lot of new people who are posting on other or older theads, which always confuses everyone trying to help.
I think this is another feature that gets lost when a site goes mobile friendly. Before mobile, you could see all the things you could do but things you could not do were grayed out. To save space, current mobile friendly sites only show things that you can do on the current page. You do not see things you can't do until you get to the place where you can do them.

To start a new thread, you have to go to a forum page and then the start a threat button shows up. This has a reason, one being that the thread is in the correct place in the structure, ie under a forum of the same, hopefully, forum topic.

I was wondering if the Start A New Thread heading could be displayed on the home page and more on other pages. It seems to be harder to find for a lot of new people who are posting on other or older threads, which always confuses everyone trying to help.
Didn't it used to be at the top and bottom of every page?
and now it's called 'post new thread'...which isn't as clear as 'start a new thread'.
Just another 'new' thing to get used to.

The wording is just a phrase which can be changed. If people think it's not clear enough, please start a thread in the HERE and we can review the request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom