Announcement Welcome To The New BYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sour doesn't have a secondary email. When he describes himself as a technophobe, he ain't kidding - I had to do some major hand-holding to get him his avatar (a real case of the blind leading the blind, believe me!)

I suggested deleting any old, junk emails on his email account, to see if a less cluttered inbox might make his account less likely to "bounce."
:lau

@Nifty-Chicken - is there some reason why his email provider would have a problem with BYC, and not others? He and I exchanged emails yesterday; his wife is in regular contact with a bunch of folks, and nobody else has said anything about messages not getting through.:confused:

It can be a few reasons, but one is that we've had a few people that have lazily marked our emails as "spam" instead of just clicking "unsubscribe". This can cause the ISP to treat our emails as spam for other members.

On that note, one thing we wish everyone would do, is to easy white-list our [email protected] email address:

http://www.emaildeliveryjedi.com/mywhitelist.php

So, I'd suggest Sourland do two things:
  1. Whilelist the email [email protected]
  2. Check all spam folders for emails from [email protected] . Usually you can search for emails specifically in the spam box. In Gmail the search is: "in:spam [email protected]"

Sour doesn't have a secondary email. When he describes himself as a technophobe, he ain't kidding - I had to do some major hand-holding to get him his avatar (a real case of the blind leading the blind, believe me!)

I suggested deleting any old, junk emails on his email account, to see if a less cluttered inbox might make his account less likely to "bounce."

Sourland's problem is that emails that we've sent for verification, password, etc. are being bounced back to us. More details here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-forum-password-or-email.280709/#post-3791436

So, the options are:
  1. Work with the email provider to let our emails through.
  2. Change to a different email address

Are they going to his spam or junk folder? Also can't he add your address to an allowed/contact list??

Also Bunny, tell Sour he can make a Gmail account in minutes, maybe seconds, and he can maybe use that for the account so he can get in the site? He doesn't ever even have to use it, unless he likes getting the newsletters. Or maybe he can use that to get in then change back to his old email and it might work again? Might be a glitch like aart said

It can be a few reasons, but one is that we've had a few people that have lazily marked our emails as "spam" instead of just clicking "unsubscribe". This can cause the ISP to treat our emails as spam for other members.

On that note, one thing we wish everyone would do, is to easy white-list our [email protected] email address:

http://www.emaildeliveryjedi.com/mywhitelist.php

So, I'd suggest Sourland do two things:
  1. Whilelist the email [email protected]
  2. Check all spam folders for emails from [email protected] . Usually you can search for emails specifically in the spam box. In Gmail the search is: "in:spam [email protected]"

Yeah, he should check the spam folders

Oh, and definitely have them (and anybody else in Gmail or Yahoo especially) add [email protected] to your contact list!
evillaugh.gif I've added [email protected] to my outlook account and three google accounts. Once you get recognized by google...you'll be good as gold.:thumbsup
I always love searching for something and being informed the last time I was at a restaurant etc.(sarcasm) It's a bit creepy, but I add to google maps. Goes with the territory.

Get stock in KFC and Pennington's...lol. Can't believe the views on those two! The ads apparently work. laughing.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom