Announcement Welcome To The New BYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
speckledhen,

Just out of curiosity, do you know what type of rooster you have as your avatar?

This is the first time I've been on the android app in a while or by as a whole. A few months. The app is really slow and clunky. I don't understand why? It seems to me the app [and possibly the whole website] was "upgraded" for optimized ads, not optimized user experience. This is really sad. I don't know how many other people feel the same. I tried doing a search and it take several moments to load anything on the app. I just got the new Samsung galaxy s8 plus a month ago so I know it's not an issue with my phone.

This is the first time I've been on the android app in a while or by as a whole. A few months. The app is really slow and clunky. I don't understand why? It seems to me the app [and possibly the whole website] was "upgraded" for optimized ads, not optimized user experience. This is really sad. I don't know how many other people feel the same. I tried doing a search and it take several moments to load anything on the app. I just got the new Samsung galaxy s8 plus a month ago so I know it's not an issue with my phone.
The app is no longer current, so it won't work right.

The upgrade for the site was not based on the "ADS"..it was needed in order to keep the site alive.
Try using your browser on your phone instead of the app.

When the kids get to bed I'll check out the desktop site and maybe I'll like what I see. But if it's just as bad as mobile [which is my primary method of internet viewing] I will be using this very sparingly.

Does paying for subscription take away the ads? If so, anyone want to chime in on if the user experience improves without all the ads?

When the kids get to bed I'll check out the desktop site and maybe I'll like what I see. But if it's just as bad as mobile [which is my primary method of internet viewing] I will be using this very sparingly.

Does paying for subscription take away the ads? If so, anyone want to chime in on if the user experience improves without all the ads?
The site doesn't have any different versions now. It automatically adapts to the device.

Paying for a Premium membership does take away the ads, and yes, it is much more enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom