Announcement Welcome To The New BYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The site doesn't have any different versions now. It automatically adapts to the device.
While this is true, I must say that the "adaptation" for the desktop size screen has more features than the mobile screen. Even when you turn the mobile to landscape, it's still not quite as good as when I am on my PC.

But I have gotten spoiled by my phone, and I can rarely be troubled to log in on my PC any more, unless I specifically need files I have on there.

Another example of how we choose convenience over quality...so sad.
Lol. Well, it's probably more like another example of someone being addicted to their phone! If the computer was my only option, I would probably only check in once a day, and spend my time doing other, real life things. But since the phone is so handy, then I'm checking it every time I take a break between jobs. Methinks I take too many breaks!:lau

This is the first time I've been on the android app in a while or by as a whole. A few months. The app is really slow and clunky. I don't understand why? It seems to me the app [and possibly the whole website] was "upgraded" for optimized ads, not optimized user experience. This is really sad. I don't know how many other people feel the same. I tried doing a search and it take several moments to load anything on the app. I just got the new Samsung galaxy s8 plus a month ago so I know it's not an issue with my phone.
delete the app, it will not work right

When the kids get to bed I'll check out the desktop site and maybe I'll like what I see. But if it's just as bad as mobile [which is my primary method of internet viewing] I will be using this very sparingly.

Does paying for subscription take away the ads? If so, anyone want to chime in on if the user experience improves without all the ads?
download an ad-blocker or do the upgrade, thought the ad blocker is probably cheaper

Thanks for the feedback guys. Anyone know of there's a new app out or of there's one planned?
yes, they are working on one but still working on other kinks with the site so it'll be awhile

What are the new rules for signature? I used to have a four line sig, then went to edit it and It would only let me use three, tried to edit today and it wants me to go to two.

What are the new rules for signature? I used to have a four line sig, then went to edit it and It would only let me use three, tried to edit today and it wants me to go to two.
Regular members get 2 lines and no links in signatures. Premium Feather Members get 4 lines and can add links. Those that were there from the transition are grandfathered in. If you change it, you will need to have it conform to the current limits.
You can upgrade through your account or you can go to the BYC Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom