I have another question regarding my bantams I hope ya'll can help! How big do these get? I though they would be about the size of my Silkie but they are tiny!! I am posting some photos and hopefully they show just how small they are and they don't seem to be getting any bigger they have been the same size now for the last couple of weeks. The cockerels are beautiful little birds and in general the breed has been very docile. They are my granddaughters favorite due to their size and the fact that they enjoy sitting on laps and being carried around lol they are just soooo small!! I have taken some photos next to a waterer and my full size chicken to hopefully help with size my husband compares their size to that of a large Robin
Your OEGBs will get bigger than that, but not by a lot. Silkies are actually a larger bantam.

Your OEGBs will get bigger than that, but not by a lot. Silkies are actually a larger bantam.
Thank you! I was under the impression that most bantams were the size of silkies so that's good to know! These little OEB are really great little birds they free range with the big chickens and you would think they were giants lol they have no fear! My chickens don't seem to have any concern with them and have accepted them as part of the flock

Back
Top Bottom