What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Pics
Oh Tink, you indeed got a deal nobody could pass up. :highfive:

That's where I got into this too, from the breeder my Marsha and her siblings came from. But this "emergency deal" was half off, so $20. (I bought her day-olds last March for $15 each).

Originally I had made a deal with someone to split that $20 with me and take some. Three weeks later, she backed out. Then I had five sold again and as of yesterday, that one backed out. I looked on Facebook and saw someone looking for silkie hens. Well, who knows what these are but sent her a msg. The deal of $40 for five she agreed to. She'd have come today but she's an hour away and we're having a snowstorm so maybe Monday roads will be better.

I talk to these chicks and tell them they are loved even though they were turned down twice. I think they'll get over it. ☺️

Are you selling some of yours or waiting to see what you get? This'll be fun to see what we each wind up hatching next spring/summer with our other lovelies. :love
Half off Marsha breeder eggs cannot be passed up! Your Marsha is so beautiful!

Lol, so we were in the same boat on splitting the hatch, I bought 22 eggs in July and my friend was going to take 5 or 6 chicks. 16 hatched and then she ended up getting engaged and buying a house and is working to remodel it before moving in, so no chicks until she's settled in next year. I have a few of the cockerels posted for sale but no interest. The plan is to sell chicks and hatching eggs and make my first million so I don't have to work such a stressful job to pay for my chickens posh lifestyle 🤣

I'm excited to see your chicks from Marsha and the mauve this coming summer!

I'm glad you understand exactly what happened and exactly how innocent I am in this situation 😇 I'm contemplating a hatch along, this may be my "spring" silkie hatch if I get more than about 5 or 6 chicks to hatch. If I do another hatch for my birthday it will be layers. The caveat is that there's even less certainty on hat h rate on these eggs than usual.
You might be pleasantly surprised, you may have a great hatch! I will be excited to tag along on your hatch thread! :jumpy

Oh Tink, you indeed got a deal nobody could pass up. :highfive:

That's where I got into this too, from the breeder my Marsha and her siblings came from. But this "emergency deal" was half off, so $20. (I bought her day-olds last March for $15 each).

Originally I had made a deal with someone to split that $20 with me and take some. Three weeks later, she backed out. Then I had five sold again and as of yesterday, that one backed out. I looked on Facebook and saw someone looking for silkie hens. Well, who knows what these are but sent her a msg. The deal of $40 for five she agreed to. She'd have come today but she's an hour away and we're having a snowstorm so maybe Monday roads will be better.

I talk to these chicks and tell them they are loved even though they were turned down twice. I think they'll get over it. ☺️

Are you selling some of yours or waiting to see what you get? This'll be fun to see what we each wind up hatching next spring/summer with our other lovelies. :love

Deb, maybe the universe is telling you those chicks are meant to be yours :D

Deb, maybe the universe is telling you those chicks are meant to be yours :D
Well, hubby just made a deal with her to go half the distance so her 1 hour 16 minute trip just got cut in half. We have a date on Tuesday to meet in a park by the lake there and we'll run our dogs someplace new at the same time. ☺️ She didn't ask, we offered. In reality, hubby wants to make dang sure this third one doesn't back out on us lol. :lau

Back
Top Bottom