What did you do in the garden today?

OK went to grab a bottle of water from the tornado shelter since I had my work boots on. There, on the double shelf, behind the cases of water that DS put away from me was the missing, hidden spacebag. 36 hours after I bought the new e- blanket. ARGH! Well, now we have a spare.
I most happy that I found the duvet and cover.
New bearing purchased. Hope it fits.

I'm so glad you found it @WthrLady - much better than the thrift store finding it.

Aaron that sounds good! Makes me wish I ate bread.

23 jars of mixed berry jam done - all I thought was rhubarb in the freezer was actually half strawberries & half rhubarb! Oh well, least it's all from the garden. I'm not happy with the recipe, waaay too much pectin. I thought about throwing it out (or seeing if there is a fix for that ) but DH said he likes it. I'll give a test jar to my sis & ask if it's ok to give out for the holidays. Kind of annoying - all that work.

Got 2 gallon bags of chaffles done, 72 egg muffins cooked & 2 chickens baked & shredded. I'll make some chicken soup tmrw & freeze some for chicken salad or make a casserole to freeze. Chickens were on sale. :gig

Good afternoon gardeners. @Elyrian1 hoping for the best for your dad, glad he’s already headed for surgery! @WthrLady yay! That kind of thing drives me nuts. Hubs cut back the bougainvillea for me today, Frank has a scratch that was far too close to one of his eyes for comfort. The boys helped me some outside cleaning up more, lots of little things needed doing. I transplanted the best cuttings from the olive tree and Arabian lilac today, just waiting for the pots to drain before I put them back under the light. So far I only have one olive that rooted so I kept the best of the rest and am waiting patiently for roots. Having lunch before I drain the bin the willows are in and clean that mess up. Birds got into the rocks while they were outside so it’s a mess. We heard the song from one of the girls today so I put a nest box in the small coop. I need to put a bit more straw in the coop so Stella has enough for a nest, she decided to sleep at the opposite end of the coop 🙄I think I’ll be done outside for the day at that point, but I need to figure out something for dinner still.

she decided to sleep at the opposite end of the coop
Of course she did! :gig Chickens, right? :idunno I had one lay some funky gunk today, everyone seems happy & eating & it didn't look like infection so hopefully no big deal. Although if there was a time to go, before I feed you all winter while laying no eggs, now would be it. 🤭

Big batch of chicken soup done & cooling to freeze. 10 quarts.

Of course she did! :gig Chickens, right? :idunno I had one lay some funky gunk today, everyone seems happy & eating & it didn't look like infection so hopefully no big deal. Although if there was a time to go, before I feed you all winter while laying no eggs, now would be it. 🤭

Big batch of chicken soup done & cooling to freeze. 10 quarts.
I hope everyone is ok, but you’re right unfortunately, now would be the best time to go.

Headed back to Missouri in the morning. The only reasonably priced tickets are for a flight that leaves at 5:30 am. So it will be an early morning for us.
Don’t forget to set your clocks back an hour tonight ( unless you live in one of the states that quite doing it!).
Safe travels Karen!

Back
Top Bottom