What did you do in the garden today?

Today was spent running errands once more. Trying to get some old gals/boy rehomed at the moment so I'm getting their papers in order. Oh I also shaved a toy poodle so he's happy running about like a jackanape, I decided to leave him with a long goatee so he's kinda like a little poodle billy goat LOL.

Really happy with how everything is coming along but yeah the thin scarlet radish is getting hammered by cabbage moths so I decided to hit them with the 209 rosemary spray I got for free. They reckon results take two weeks but looking at that radish, it ain't got 2 days. I'm also quite surprised how fast germination occurs in a kratky environment. The purple queen dwarf beans are popping up along with some black basil. I think. I'm wondering if 200L is going to be enough for 3 mature tomato plants. Ideally I want to cut in between them to allow for airflow so it gets no pests. Part of me hopes they were a cherry variety but I'm sure all are heirlooms.

I'm excited for the blue kratky with all the kankong, egypt spinach, thai basil. Would be interesting if the black ruby basil mixed with the thai basil a few meters over during flowering. I'll have to think to get some more drums and maybe think of some flower kratkies. Like sunflowers/borage/marigold. I'm trying to think of what kind of pot that can utilize all the surface of those 44gallon blue drums. That's the only down side to the square.

One other thing I should be doing is filling the front part of the NFT system but with the vietmint drinking plenty and getting monstrous I'm thinking twice on taxing the system. I really should just find some good viet mint recipe where I can paste up all the leaves. It does taste a lot like coriander which is kinda nice. The other chillies are going kinda good but I had to toss the hungarian hot wax pepper the other day as the nute level was too low so it never got juice and dried out. That's the the Salsa Chilli variety you see in its place. That one will probably face the brunt of the sun when the heat waves are a'comin'

I'm really loving how some of the blue borage kinda looks purple so that's really nice to see. Love the little twilight rainbows and the stumpy little fruit they produce. I'd love to blend all of them up for a sauce but I think I need the habanero to come along. It's still greening out with no flower sites yet.

The tioga strawberries I should of picked and fed to quail and now they will be upset at my forgetfullness. Oh, I decided to put a young english white lad with a pretty italian gal to keep him company until I figure out what to do with him. Might be cute to hatch out a few of their bubbas.

The ebony truss is getting redder and redder but I'm not sure what that mark is, the green tomatoes are above and they have developed an odd point. I've just been feeding them every second day with the nutrient out of the NFT res. Oh and I love how the squash looks atm. Like a little rocket about to blast off. Looking forward to having some for dinner.

Attachments

• Purple borage maybe.jpg
    Purple borage maybe.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Ebony truss C.jpg
    Ebony truss C.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Ebony Truss B.jpg
    Ebony Truss B.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 1
  • biggesttomatosofar.jpg
    biggesttomatosofar.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 1
  • squashrocket.jpg
    squashrocket.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Leafy green kratky.jpg
    Leafy green kratky.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 1
  • the three headed monster.jpg
    the three headed monster.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Growyouredbeauties.jpg
    Growyouredbeauties.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 2
  • seededkratkycomingalongfast.jpg
    seededkratkycomingalongfast.jpg
    666.1 KB · Views: 2
  • thai chilli b.jpg
    thai chilli b.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Caysan nearly tall as me.jpg
    Caysan nearly tall as me.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Caysan love it.jpg
    Caysan love it.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Twilight rainbow chilli c.jpg
    Twilight rainbow chilli c.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 2
  • probablyshouldhavepickedem.jpg
    probablyshouldhavepickedem.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Vietmint with a rosemary dressing.jpg
    Vietmint with a rosemary dressing.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Chilli Salsa.jpg
    Chilli Salsa.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Chilli Sevill.jpg
    Chilli Sevill.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 2
Low of 24 tonight! :hit:barnie I gotta get the heated water bowl out.
Same... It was almost 20 degrees when I went out to feed everyone today. I had deicers out for the horses, goats, and chickens. Need a new deicer for the ducks. I also have my buck separated from the herd. I will either need to get him a buck apron or yet another deicer for his water bucket.

I put a pet-specific heated pad in the little cat house for the barn cats. I think they enjoyed it...

It's nearly noon and we haven't even topped 40 degrees yet. 🥶

Halloween was a bust here, we got like 15 kids. No idea why, it was nice out. We should have had more like 50.

Anyway, got the christmas lights wrapped around the greenstalk & the cover ready to go for tonight. I have the blanket out for the fig. I'm not bringing it in yet, not enough sustained cold. Got the hoses drained & inside - they'll go back out tmrw. I did see the first snow flakes this am though.

Back
Top Bottom