What did you do in the garden today?

@WthrLady I love the bathroom! It's almost the same color as mine. I'd also love a bigger bathroom, but there is just no room. We live in a tiny cape that only has the 1 bathroom. DH said he'd be open to taking out the tub & putting in just a shower, but that doesn't work well for sale if there is no tub.

Goats…. I’m not sure how soon we can tell if they are pregnant. Probably not going to get an ultrasound, unless there’s a compelling reason to do so. These girls are from a set of triplets, their mom had a few triplet sets, and I hear their grandmother too had triplets. So, it’s possible they will have triplets. At least they were full grown (19 months old) when they were housed with the buck for 5 weeks. At most, they may be 2 months pregnant (male arrived Nov 3). We * think * they look chubbier but not sure if our imagination! They are Nigerian Dwarf goats, so they are small anyway.
I want a goat, or two. :hit

combo tub shower?
Blows my mind that a tub is one of those deal breakers for a house sale. I can't stand them.
I decided that the house is mine, if someone else wants it different later, that's on them.

I could see a cape cod house with one bath having only a shower as a new buyer, couple no kids, single no kids, heck, a kid over 5 can learn to shower.

I kept the tub on the lower level bath because it's a great place to wash a dog ! although taking her in the shower with me was MUCH easier. But I also use it to soak fabrics.

@WthrLady I love the bathroom! It's almost the same color as mine. I'd also love a bigger bathroom, but there is just no room. We live in a tiny cape that only has the 1 bathroom. DH said he'd be open to taking out the tub & putting in just a shower, but that doesn't work well for sale if there is no tub.
We have a bath and a half. I got tired of the tub, 50+ years old, terminally gray. I kept barking my toes on it, too. Found a handyman who did a shower conversion. We like it.
IMG_20230203_092726739.jpg

IMG_20230203_211810740.jpg

We had the floor and underfloor done in 2021.

combo tub shower?
Blows my mind that a tub is one of those deal breakers for a house sale. I can't stand them.
I decided that the house is mine, if someone else wants it different later, that's on them.

I could see a cape cod house with one bath having only a shower as a new buyer, couple no kids, single no kids, heck, a kid over 5 can learn to shower.

I kept the tub on the lower level bath because it's a great place to wash a dog ! although taking her in the shower with me was MUCH easier. But I also use it to soak fabrics.
It's SO easy to wash my dog, now! I do put an old rubber mat on the shower floor so she feels comfortable. The shower head has an on/off button, too, which I use during the soaping process.

Drying more dill in the dehydrator. We got snow Friday night. 1.95”. All melted in 2 days. Roads stayed clear, just wet so that was nice. Might be getting more snow tonight. Not sure if the weather folks have decided on exactly what areas will get hit.
Next week we have 3 days where the high will be 17 degrees Fahrenheit and lows will be 1 degree

It started snowing at 8am, 5.5 hours later, and we already have 5 inches of snow on the ground....another insane amount coming 8-12+ total. I've plowed 6 miles of road already and dug out the driveway ends and mailboxes I plowed in when I passed. Did part of my own driveway when I got home,
Now, it's someone else's turn.
I'll spend the next plow runs doing my own place.
I am NOT a fan, but we DO need the ground moisture.

Windy and rainy here this afternoon. Cool now, but dropping behind the front to in the low twenties. Next week projected to drop below twenty one night. That is cold here! That will require me to harvest the rest of the lettuce because it gets damage under 20 with the row covers I use. A couple consecutive days of below freezing highs and lows below twenty overcomes the covers for the tender lettuces. I pulled some rutabagas and picked mustard and collard greens today just before the rain started.

Back
Top Bottom