What did you do in the garden today?

One of my gardenias is dying. No sign of bugs, the symptoms are for root rot. I think it got too much rain over the winter. :hit
IMG_20240423_171703811.jpg

:fl for you! I'm not even uncovering mine, it's going to be colder tomorrow. The closest weather station said it was only down to 29 for a couple hours but my dogs water bowl was frozen solid.

I see 80 in the forecast so hopefully thats it! I'd really like to get some beans, borage & nasturtiums in the ground.
Isn't this nuts? Cold wind, possibly frost or freeze depending where you are, then bam right into summer-like weather...They're saying we may hit upper 80s nearly 90 Sun or Mon here. Not good. I'll be working & worried, soon as I get home there will be watering & dragging 200 foot hose duty at dusk, no matter how tired I may be. 🙄

Last edited:
As for actual garden stuff. Today I direct sowed my great grandpa's heirloom green beans; I have been growing these every season for the last 18 years. I also sowed some pole beans, way far away from my special beans, some golden beets, icicle radishes and basil.

I worked on the drip irrigation a little.

Tomorrow I apply my nematode spray, again. Plant the chicken run mint (it's going outside of the actual run so they can pick at it but not murder it) and work on more drip lines.
I surrounded outside of my chicken pens with mint, so awesome! They peck to eat a wee bit here & there, but do not destroy it, and it smells absolutely amazing. I love mint! ❤️

There is a lot of info about sourdough in the baking thread. A couple of people there make sourdough regularly. If you have questions, stop by and ask.
I need to do this! Sourdough bread bake with the Dutch oven...my next day off 😋
Dip in olive oil with some basil, a hunk of fresh mozzarella or aged cheddar, a sip or 2 of my friend's homemade wine...yeah!

I need to do this! Sourdough bread bake with the Dutch oven...my next day off 😋
Dip in olive oil with some basil, a hunk of fresh mozzarella or aged cheddar, a sip or 2 of my friend's homemade wine...yeah!
Kale pesto is a great topping as well! Or homemade blackberry jam. I could live off of sourdough bread and toppings. 🤤

My hens are back to making eggs almost every day so eggies in a basket using sourdough is a usual breakfast here.

It's really just the best bread. Imo, of course.

I'm going to experiment and make sourdough cinnamon rolls soon. And sourdough monkey bread. I'm obsessed.

I also want to make a sour rye... 😊

Kale pesto is a great topping as well! Or homemade blackberry jam. I could live off of sourdough bread and toppings. 🤤

My hens are back to making eggs almost every day so eggies in a basket using sourdough is a usual breakfast here.

It's really just the best bread. Imo, of course.

I'm going to experiment and make sourdough cinnamon rolls soon. And sourdough monkey bread. I'm obsessed.

I also want to make a sour rye... 😊
Kale pesto...wow sounds nutritious, it is as delicious as nutritious?

Absolutely Love Cinnamon! You're gonna turn me into a baker. 😆 Seriously, this is inspiring me!

Back
Top Bottom