What did you do in the garden today?

I may have started getting lost on their website because they have a bunch of cool things! I am pretty sure Garden Supplies Math is a real thing! "I need BT spray, that's it.... Oh, LOOK! Beneficial insects! And season extenders! And......."
I wanna know when the fire ant eating phorid flies will be available...I will buy them!

It has been a lifelong dream of mine to see the Aurora. Last night, I got to see them! They were faint, and we had clouds and rain when they were supposed to be at peak, but I was so happy I finally got to see them that I may have shed a few tears of happiness!
They showed up really well in pictures:
View attachment 3828359
Hopefully, we get to see peak tonight/tomorrow morning!

About the BT spray. The reason I asked is that I found a good price for a bulk amount on the Monterrey website, but when I was about to check out, I started to feel less than sure about the website. Having been scammed by a website seeming legit before, I decided to ask people I trust (aka you guys) where you buy it!
When I need BT I get it at the big box stores.

DD took this picture in Arkansas last night. Visible to the naked eye... In town, no less.

We couldn't see anything in northern Indiana (where I'm still at currently) because of heavy cloud cover. However the strongest storms are still yet to come... 4 more x-class storms should hit this weekend so still more opportunities to see it.

FB_IMG_1715395299170.jpg

The Son watered the garden yesterday evening.
Going to be like 80 today.
Wow, been in the 40s or 50s here, after nearly 90 degree spell last week...but I think we may get into 60s today, hard to say, it's often 10 to 15 degrees warmer inland & That's the temperature they always say it is...but on the coastline is usually cooler, often Alot cooler. It isn't windy & rainy at least. I am wearing a turtleneck & flannel though! 😂

So I went out to get chicken food. Decided to swing by a family farm for starts. I went to school with this family, big name in my small town so I like to support them. Holy cow! $4 per 4 in pot of teeny tiny starts (literally an inch or 2). I had no idea they were that expensive till I already had my wagon full & made the guy drive to his house for more jalapenos, lol. I would have just gotten fewer there & the rest at my (also local family owned) garden shop. Yeesh - $128 later & I have the rest of my peppers.

I got a big boy, better boy, 2 celebrity, brandywine & yellow brandywine, sungolds & black cherry (I think).

I also got some marigolds (ick, I hate that smell) & nasturtiums since the stupid squirrels have eaten most of my sowed seeds.

The high for today is the mid 50’s. It’s great for working outside. I spent more time clearing the scrub and briars from the hill garden. I’m almost done. I stopped that and watered everything that’s been planted. I should be able to get the rest of the spot for the green beans de-weeded and ready to prep it for planting. About time for lunch.

Oh I also reseeded some beans I think the snails got & some that just didn't come up.

Planting the peppers now & am thinking about a cover for the next night or 2 since it's chilly (low 40s), not for frost but just retain a little warmth. Going to hang onto the tomatoes till Tues, then plant.

Back
Top Bottom