What happened to FALL

I had the heat on last week and at one point they thought we might get a frost. Now it's summery again and we have the fans on. You just never know around here...

I'm going to try going it without a heater in the coop. I leave the windows open every night so they can start acclimating to the drop in temp.

If it got below 0 I probably would though........doubt it will here.

Glad I'm south not north
wink.png

It was a warm 26 degrees when I headed outside this morning and it is already cold this evening. I love fall and I don't feel like we got one this year. Wondering if we will get a warm Indian Summer.

momma's chickens :

It was a warm 26 degrees when I headed outside this morning and it is already cold this evening. I love fall and I don't feel like we got one this year. Wondering if we will get a warm Indian Summer.

please no indian summer
th.gif
wendy​

momma's chickens :

edited: sorry, i dont know what happened. i was trying to put this in one comment.

i heard somewhere dont remember where aren't we suppose to have a really cold winter? any one else heard this? maybe that is why we arent seeing any real fall?

wendy​

Last edited:
As we speak my AC is running...I have it set on 72....and outside, it's probally a little lower than that...but not enough to cool the house!
sad.png

Not one day have we had down here yet, that heat was needed...a coupla chilly days...but the AC had to run before the day was over!
Enjoy those temps for me....
smile.png

Awww bless, you're all wimps! ... It's been cold here, but luckily my coop gets nice a toasty due to the sun hitting the steel roofing, and it's insulated awesomely. We usually don't get snow until around november-december, and down by the lake we had to wait until after christmas day for snow! though up north by highway 7 tends to get snow a bit earlier. We never have our heating on, we've not invested in a wood stove yet, thats for next year, but we have heating oil etc, and a propane fireplace in the extension, but we only have the heat on when it's especially chilly, or if someone is having a shower because under the living room, office, and bathroom is the cold cellar that's well...always cold, and it's not insulated under there yet.

Back
Top Bottom