What Mug Are You Using Today?

Screenshot_20240418-071220_Instagram.jpg

My Dad made the coffee and took my mother a cup in bed every morning for over 60 years.
One morning she had the nurse call me (they were living in a nursing home by then) so that she could tell me that something was wrong. My mother said "Janie, something is wrong with Daddy. He hasn't brought me coffee for two days."
I asked the nurse to make him a doctors appointment. He had a heart attack that evening and died.
It was a sad day, but they had a long, happy marriage. I am very thankful to have been raised by them.

My Dad made the coffee and took my mother a cup in bed every morning for over 60 years.
One morning she had the nurse call me (they were living in a nursing home by then) so that she could tell me that something was wrong. My mother said "Janie, something is wrong with Daddy. He hasn't brought me coffee for two days."
I asked the nurse to make him a doctors appointment. He had a heart attack that evening and died.
It was a sad day, but they had a long, happy marriage. I am very thankful to have been raised by them.

What a wonderful example of marriage Janie :hugs

That is such a sweet story and his commitment to her coffee ☕ is a dream. I am a sucker for love stories.
Can I ask how they met ?

Back
Top Bottom