Where is best place to buy baby chicks this time of year

I have a rir rooster brownie who listens but is a pet. I also have rir hens. Just hatched 7 D'UCCLE silkie mix.and have 2 juvenile hens who are sweet. if you are interested than I will make sure you have what you are looking for but not for food except eggs. I have more eggs incubating that would be all you want. If interested tell me and we can work out a price. I prefer driving to meet bc shipping can kill several..I live in MD and if serious text me and honestly would want a down payment for providing this service bc I take care of my chicks and would be without a doubt better than anything you could get from a mill that is only out to make money. But stipulation is not to be eaten and well cared for. Mine free range but have coops.let me know asap so I don't sell then. 704-236-7603

I appreciate your offer very much. And they would only be used for eggs. But the only thing is I live in Louisiana and would be a heck of a drive for me to make at this time. At this point and time I live in a subdivision which only allows me to have a total of 12 chickens. However in October, I will be moving to my dad's place where I can have as many as I please and they will be free range chickens.
Thanks, I really appreciate your kindness.

Burger Bob

I live in California I ordered my 10 chick's from Meyer hatchery in Ohio. (Long trip). The ten chick's arrived THE NEXT AFTERNOON after they were shipped. All ten alive and healthy!! It does not necessarily matter how close the hatched is, rather how well they are shipped. For example: most hatcheries add unwanted male chick's for warmth but Meyer NEVER does that. They ship as little as 3 chick's because they use a HEATING PACK. Most places do NOT use heat. It was still warm for the chick's when they arrived! They also use Extra nesting box material and the chick's made their long journey warm and snug. They also ship EXPRESS when most ship priority. I highly recommend them! My girls are still doing great thank God!I know!

Once again I will ship verified fertile eggs from bantam to rir. Risky sending live chics on long trips unless package done right and treated properly. Anyone serious get back to me.

Ordered from them yesterday. I liked the detailed information on the different type chickens. Will get them in a couple of weeks. so we shall see.

I live in California I ordered my 10 chick's from Meyer hatchery in Ohio. (Long trip). The ten chick's arrived THE NEXT AFTERNOON after they were shipped. All ten alive and healthy!! It does not necessarily matter how close the hatched is, rather how well they are shipped. For example: most hatcheries add unwanted male chick's for warmth but Meyer NEVER does that. They ship as little as 3 chick's because they use a HEATING PACK. Most places do NOT use heat. It was still warm for the chick's when they arrived! They also use Extra nesting box material and the chick's made their long journey warm and snug. They also ship EXPRESS when most ship priority. I highly recommend them! My girls are still doing great thank God!I know!
I'm on the West Coast in WA and ordered from Meyer and even though the label said Priority 2 day, the chicks that were hatched and shipped Monday did not arrive until Thursday. Totally not Meyer's fault though! 1 was DOA, and we lost 7 of the 30 ordered--most likely the stress of the long trip. I wish they had shipped Express!! Thankful though that Meyer has a great 48 hour liveablilty guarantee and such great customer service so far.

I have read and got many positive reviews from ordering from The Sustainable Poultry Network. They provide you with a nice bloodline because they practice clan breeding and not sister/brother breeding that will mess up your line you are going for. Excellent company!

I just learned a lesson about mail order chicks (first order). Don't order from a hatchery that ships via USPS! I picked the closest hatchery I could find, thinking it'd be a short trip with 2 Day Priority but they got stuck in a warehouse, delayed a full 24 hours. Due to budget cuts, the USPS basically has no customer service so all my phone calls went nowhere. When I finally picked up the chicks, they were standing on dead ones with maggots, I guess they'd been dead for awhile and maybe left outdoors. Good news is that surviving chicks are healthy and growing!

Back
Top Bottom