White blobs in beard...whole flock

So we figure 2 tsp/liter for ,50%.
I just checked and I think this might not be enough. :oops:
This is the dilution for 13.3%
martins 13_3 mixing.png

and this is for the 10%
gordons_2.PNG

Well, I think you have to consider the base concentration. Not sure what the concentration of the insecticide is using in the chart above.

If you can order from Amazon, they may have permethrin available. I have ordered it in the past from them. Spray the coop thoroughly, walls, floor, ceiling, on and under the roosts, inside and out side of the nest boxes, every crack and crevice where mites can hide and lay their eggs too and repeat weekly for awhile. I did initially spray my birds and put permethrin dust in the nest boxes and keep the cat away until it dries. There is no egg withdrawal period. From the pictures you posted your birds have the pests which aren't always easy to see. I had a severe infestation last year with some of the birds looking similar to yours with the eggs on them. At first I thought they were molting but didn't seem to be getting their feathers in like they should have. I used a headlight so I had my hands free, after the birds roosted I checked them and mine had mites. I treated several times. I have multiple coops so I treated all of the coops as a precaution. Now the birds are beautiful again. Good luck...

If you do some research you may find different people use different concentrations. I did initially go a little heavy because my birds were so infested. Wild birds can introduce them into your flock. I had some trying to build nests in a couple of coops and that's where my problem started.

In the US we have three concentrated products.
  • 10% (100 mg permethrin per 1 ml) - to make one liter @ 5% we use 50 ml
  • 13.3% (133 mg permethrin per 1 ml) - to make one liter @ 5% we use 37.6 ml
  • 36.8% (368 mg permethrin per 1 ml) - to make one liter @ 5% we use 13.6 ml
The OP has:
  • 1.25% (12.5 mg permethrin per 1 ml)
The OP wants to make one liter with a final dilution of 0.5%, so the question is, how much of the 1.25% stuff is needed to make a final solution of 0.5%?

Edited to add:
1000 ml of 1.25% permethrin and zero ml.of water = 1 liter at 1.25%
500 ml of 1.25% permethrin and 500 ml of water = 1 liter at 0.625%
100 ml of 1.25% permethrin and 900 ml of water = 1 liter at 0.125%
10 ml of 1.25% permethrin and 990 ml of water = 1 liter at 0.0125%

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom