why are my ducks always hungry??

IMG_0293.PNG

Saw your other thread about duck not pooping right and another poster made mention of this.

If you cannot get duck food and are continuing the diet mentioned at the beginning I would encourage you switch to the diet above until you can get food. Use grass clippings for greens- not spinach or lettuce.

View attachment 1206899

Saw your other thread about duck not pooping right and another poster made mention of this.

If you cannot get duck food and are continuing the diet mentioned at the beginning I would encourage you switch to the diet above until you can get food. Use grass clippings for greens- not spinach or lettuce.
That is suitable as a treat but far from adequate feed..Sorry ...

I just figure that the OP is working with limited resources. Getting feed made for the ducklings of course would be ideal!! But the recipe I posted is at least a little better than shredded chicken, rice, and tomatoes.... Sounds like @duckduckchickenrun is only using food that can be bought at a supermarket.

i feed my ducklings 5 times a day after every 4 to 5 hours and i always make sure to give them 'snacks' in between these 5 hours but no matter how much i feed them they always act like they've been starving!! i dont keep their food out for them 24/7 because they tend to over eat and vomit and then eat their vomit right back up again!! also where i live there are no chick starter or duck starter food so i have to give them whatever is laying around, theyre only a month old but the only thing i feed them is shredded chicken, eggs and tomatoes and sometimes very very little rice just to make them happy.. so can someone tell me what im doing wrong?
We have 3 baby Ducks they have their tail feathers and some feathers on their wings. They were found with their mom she got hit and passed. We feed them crumble. And we give them crickets one day, worms the next day and minnows the next. They will be moving outside in a couple weeks. And they always seem hungry. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom