Why do children push your buttons??????

Quote:
I so did this also and all she did was laugh at me.........
gig.gif

This is why I'm convinced my own DD will come around eventually. It's like a family tradition or something.
Can't be inherited, right?
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

I just wish she would stop trying so hard to hurt me and live her life, my two older children are about to stop talking to her, she seems to love pushing buttons,

wegotchickens wrote:
This is why I'm convinced my own DD will come around eventually. It's like a family tradition or something.
Can't be inherited, right?

yea it must be a family tradition
lau.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
Some people are just like that. Contrary to the bitter end.
I ask my DD questions, knowing that her first answer will by "No!" as an automatic reflex. And then she processes the question, blinks, and says, "What? Maybe??"

Love them no mattter how much it hurts us because when they are gone for good, or we are gone for good it will hurt even more either way.
Some kids do these things until their parents admit exactly how much they love, approve and are proud of them. I am almost 100% sure yelling won't work.

Quote:
I used to feel that way when I was young.
Hang in there, Kiddo. Sometimes parents are just grumpy. But sometimes you jusst have no frame of reference to understand why they're upset. Age and life will give you perspective. Be patient with them.

Quote:
I'm trying. And I know you're right.

But sometimes yelling just feels so good...
And in my defense, my daughter usually raises her voice first. I can't help it if I project mine more effectively
lau.gif

I haven't yelled at her for over 2 years now, and I end every phone call with "I love you" and I tell her alot that I am proud of her,
I will just be glad when the aliens bring my daughter back
gig.gif

she was a great kid till he hit about 15 and it has been downhill every since,

Back
Top Bottom