Why do ducks stomp in a mud puddle

My duck Gertrude does it too and I've spent a week trying to get it on film. So far, no luck
barnie.gif

But my theory is that stomping brings up little critters to eat. When I dump my pools out, there are lots of little thing that come up in the mud.You have to look real close to see, like little earthworms a centimeter long, and a whole bunch of other critters I have no idea what they are. But it proves there are things in that mud that the ducks are eating!

ps. If I get that video I'll post it here

Last edited:
My duck Gertrude does it too and I've spent a week trying to get it on film. So far, no luck
barnie.gif

But my theory is that stomping brings up little critters to eat. When I dump my pools out, there are lots of little thing that come up in the mud.You have to look real close to see, like little earthworms a centimeter long, and a whole bunch of other critters I have no idea what they are. But it proves there are things in that mud that the ducks are eating!

ps. If I get that video I'll post it here
That's what my sister said........ I would love to see it if you catch it on video it is super cute

Back
Top Bottom