Sponsored Post Why should you care about worms in your birds? What can you do about them?

If they poop worms they have worms for sure, but many worms are too small to see.

They can have worms but they might not poop them.

If they look/sick they might have worms.

If they aren't laying properly they might have worms.

If they are losing weight they might have worms.

Best thing to do is figure out how to get their poop tested.

Call around, I'd be willing to bet that you can find a cat/dog vet, or a large animal vet willing to do a test.

It's easy. Collect as fresh poop from a bunch of hens, place in baggy, stir well, take to vet. Should cost $15 to $35.
Ok thanks! i haven't noticed any problems! they have slowed down majorly on the egg production though. 4 are molting, i switched feed like 2 months ago, i get 2-3 eggs a day, and i have 18 chickens. like i said 4 are molting.

this is June-
IMG_5016.JPG
Irises fluffy but!:lau
IMG_4910.JPG
IMG_4805.JPG
this is daisy-
IMG_4999.JPG
this is the rooster Dakota-he is sweet, he doesn't like to be touched, but he's not mean

Attachments

• IMG_4805.JPG
    IMG_4805.JPG
    921.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5031.JPG
    IMG_5031.JPG
    425.4 KB · Views: 7
It is not a dewormer, it is a supplement. If my pet chicken is calling it a de-wormer then they need to talk to the mfg of Zyfend. Again, it is a supplement, not a de-wormer.
it's not going to kill the parasites, this is what it says- Zyfend A from Backyard Chicken prevents and treats infestations of intestinal worms and other parasites! it prevents it from happening. what do you use?

Beautiful hens! The Zyfend product might be a good thing to use as a supplement, but if you want to treat for worms, I'm afraid you will need to use a chemical de-wormer.
Thanks! the link that you sent me, on step 3 it says to add Zyfend A to to the water. i would be using the same kind of stuff as the stuff on my pet chickens

Beautiful hens! The Zyfend product might be a good thing to use as a supplement, but if you want to treat for worms, I'm afraid you will need to use a chemical de-wormer.
i told them what you said. this is what they said- Zyfend A is unique in that it doesn't kill parasites; rather, it helps to break down their defenses so that the chicken's own, natural defenses can effectively kill the parasites. Once compromised by Zyfend A, the chicken's immune system, stomach acids, and "good" gut bacteria will all work in concert to clear out intestinal parasites. i want to get something that is going to be healthy for them. not a chemical based formula. it has essential oils in it, which we a bunch of them at home

Back
Top Bottom