Sponsored Post Why should you care about worms in your birds? What can you do about them?

Pics
Sand keeps their coop clean, pleasant smelling and their feet nice and clean too! Just make sure you get the correct type or your birds will die...literally. :(
You say use the right kind of sand or they will die. I was preparing a sand/soil/woodash dust bath for my girls, now I'm afraid to put it in the coop! What kind is correct and what kind is dangerous? I bought natural sand from homedepot that said it was suitable for several things including sandbox. We use that in our firepit where we burned the wood for woodash. Should I be throwing out my dust bath mix?

You say use the right kind of sand or they will die. I was preparing a sand/soil/woodash dust bath for my girls, now I'm afraid to put it in the coop! What kind is correct and what kind is dangerous? I bought natural sand from homedepot that said it was suitable for several things including sandbox. We use that in our firepit where we burned the wood for woodash. Should I be throwing out my dust bath mix?
you dont want to use sand out of your driveway, the sand you bought should be fine

How did you get your girls to use the nipple waterer? My girls ignore it. Loved all the information you provided thank you!

Not sure you were answered ... I've converted to the Horizontal Nipples, start my chicks off with it at about 8 days by tapping/expressing water at the nipple. I also mark the level of water so I can monitor if/how much they're drinking. Chicken are easier to teach cause they're curious, adults take more time. Funny part is my adults wait for me to tap the nipples whenever I return with fresh water, it's a game with them now.

Back
Top Bottom