Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FoodFreedomNow

Free Ranging
7 Years
Aug 11, 2016
Everywhere, all at once
This morning, I picked up some eggs that had been shipped to me. The box looked ok...but the contents weren't. Lots of cracked and smashed eggs were inside. :barnie

I painted 5 eggs with liquid bandage - some had dents, others had cracks, but this blue OE egg was the most questionable of the maybe "salvageable" eggs.

C087A633-1CAC-4396-96BE-C500893FA423.jpeg

It wasn't leaking, though, so it didn't get tossed immediately. Thoughts?

I wouldn't. Just seems like at some point something will go wrong with this egg. it's just bad off already.
I'd contact the person you got these from and let them know a lot of them were banged up pretty bad, see if they can offer a replacement.

I wouldn't. Just seems like at some point something will go wrong with this egg. it's just bad off already.
I'd contact the person you got these from and let them know a lot of them were banged up pretty bad, see if they can offer a replacement.
Thanks for the suggestion...but it was the second thing I did, after unpacking the eggs. :D

This morning, I picked up some eggs that had been shipped to me. The box looked ok...but the contents weren't. Lots of cracked and smashed eggs were inside. :barnie

I painted 5 eggs with liquid bandage - some had dents, others had cracks, but this blue OE egg was the most questionable of the maybe "salvageable" eggs.

View attachment 1753263

It wasn't leaking, though, so it didn't get tossed immediately. Thoughts?
I would be afraid to set an egg that damaged for fear of introducing bacteria to the incubator. Your best bet would be to send pictures of the damaged eggs to the seller and request new ones. It can't hurt to ask!

I would be afraid to set an egg that damaged for fear of introducing bacteria to the incubator. Your best bet would be to send pictures of the damaged eggs to the seller and request new ones. It can't hurt to ask!
Nah, that's not damaged! This is damaged...:lau (another egg from that shipment)
07012712-5760-4583-B50A-16969116E0D8.jpeg

Seriously, though, the breeder is going to ship replacements next week.:D

Back
Top Bottom