Yeast infection or Gleet or ?? Please help

I have several birds with vent gleet and sores on the back end and belly. I was told to soak them in warm water and epsom salt then blow dry. Then after dry apply athletes foot cream all of my flocks vent areas. Another person said to also add raw Manuka Honey. She said It's a natural antibiotic, antifungal, and antioxidant that heals things like vent gleet in about 1/4 time. I was also told to make sure the whole flock has Probiotics in their water.

I have several birds with vent gleet and sores on the back end and belly. I was told to soak them in warm water and epsom salt then blow dry. Then after dry apply athletes foot cream all of my flocks vent areas. Another person said to also add raw Manuka Honey. She said It's a natural antibiotic, antifungal, and antioxidant that heals things like vent gleet in about 1/4 time. I was also told to make sure the whole flock has Probiotics in their water.

How are they doing now?

It’s been 5 hours since her bath and her vent feathers are still fluffy.

I just took them out their food top off for the night. They have literally spread those pine bark pieces everywhere lol.

How are they doing now?
5 of the hens of the 9 are really bad. I brought them inside because we are having freezing weather. I am patting their backsides and bellies with a wet warm wash clothe and letting it sit on the area near their vent and belly for a bit. I also am adding epsom salt to the clothe and putting warm water then ringing out. I bought some spray athletes spray instead of the cream.... we will see if they start getting better. The honey is fantastic and healing. I actually am using the Manuka honey on a rash I have and it has really been healing it. The honey dries and creates a barrier. It's pretty cool. I will let you know over the next week if they get better. A few of them have really red bellies and around their vent. They like the warm water clothes on them and after I blow dry them on low medium heat... they love the blow dryer.

I thought we were well on the way to getting better. Last night she had a dry fluffy butt, with a bit of white stuff around her vent. This morning her butt feathers, and the feathers on the bottom of her tail are wet, with icicles hanging from her feathers, and a small pile of frozen discharge below where she perched. Temps The temps were 18F this morning. She's active, eats, drinks, poops and lays eggs. She shows no signs of pain, I can pick her up, she loves getting baths, and being blow dried. There are no sores around or on her vent, and it looks good after her bath.
I hate to cull her, but if she's getting worse, I think we'd be better to do it sooner than later.
We live in a small rural community, which offers only basic supplies.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20230201_091151.jpg
    20230201_091151.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230201_091235a.jpg
    20230201_091235a.jpg
    873.1 KB · Views: 7
I thought we were well on the way to getting better. Last night she had a dry fluffy butt, with a bit of white stuff around her vent. This morning her butt feathers, and the feathers on the bottom of her tail are wet, with icicles hanging from her feathers, and a small pile of frozen discharge below where she perched. Temps The temps were 18F this morning. She's active, eats, drinks, poops and lays eggs. She shows no signs of pain, I can pick her up, she loves getting baths, and being blow dried. There are no sores around or on her vent, and it looks good after her bath.
I hate to cull her, but if she's getting worse, I think we'd be better to do it sooner than later.
We live in a small rural community, which offers only basic supplies.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
Are currently treating her with anything? Her vent doesn't look too bad, but those icicles tell a different story.... Have you tried acidified copper sulfate? I've never had to use it myself but some people have had success with it for stubborn gleet cases and because it's added to the water it treats her more consistently than dosing with an antifungal cream a couple times a day.

Back
Top Bottom