YO GEORGIANS! :)

Posted this in rehoming thread and it was suggested I post in the GA thread also:

I live in North GA on the GA/TN line. I am looking to re-home some or even all my flock if anyone is interested. They are just mixed backyard chickens, 7 hens and 1 rooster. The rooster is very easy going and I hate to give him up really but I know he would probably be happier with the hens if they go. I do not have a good set up and I don't want to re-invest in an expensive permanent setting as I will be moving in a few months. I am truly thinking of what is best for the flock. Maybe someone who has a good place and would like to have a few good laying hens and a really good rooster if they want or not. Just let me know if interested.

Posted this in rehoming thread and it was suggested I post in the GA thread also:

I live in North GA on the GA/TN line. I am looking to re-home some or even all my flock if anyone is interested. They are just mixed backyard chickens, 7 hens and 1 rooster. The rooster is very easy going and I hate to give him up really but I know he would probably be happier with the hens if they go. I do not have a good set up and I don't want to re-invest in an expensive permanent setting as I will be moving in a few months. I am truly thinking of what is best for the flock. Maybe someone who has a good place and would like to have a few good laying hens and a really good rooster if they want or not. Just let me know if interested.
I live in Cleveland, GA and am interested. Call me at 706 969 9083 if still available. Thanks

Posted these guys in the 8 weeks and older lot and had no dice. I have five roosters that need new homes. The first is a silkie mix/RIR cross about a year and three months. Not aggressive towards people but can be salty to other roosters. Next I have three naked necks. One black that’s about a year and a month. The other two are both five months both red. I also have a buff bearded five-toed silkie rooster. All of these roosters are people friendly but are all free ranged so they’re skittish to be touched. The black NN also has a swollen joint in his toe from getting caught in a hay catch when he was new to the whole free ranging thing. He can walk fine and is in no pain. All of these birds except for the mix and silkie were hand raised by me. The black NN and silkie will eat out of your hand if offered. The big guys are great guards and the silkie isn’t too skittish. If handled more I think he’d be fine but it’s hard to catch them when they sit in the woods XD. I’m asking $10 for each bird OBO. I’m located about twenty minutes out of Dalton and Ringgold. Willing to meet within a reasonable distance.
0A130C11-BCCE-4972-8D71-4155452A7EE6.jpeg
237CF113-B636-4F52-B1CF-3F0F0B813954.jpeg
E1399E5B-8470-43C9-90A5-3CD49A89D7B3.jpeg
EB9D2A13-F987-4DF9-8C03-129385323974.jpeg
848C5344-EE50-44EF-ACB2-C1A878233D18.jpeg

Yes they are still available and I will be glad to call you this evening when off work. Do you have previous chicken experience? Not that I am concerned you wouldnt take care of them, but I want to be honest about the whole situation. I didn't have experience before these and I learned about the pecking order by seeing it. My flock is from a feral hen I took in and while I haven't had any other flock to compare to, it feels to me like the pecking order in my flock is pretty feirce. I just want to be honest about that. Within the 7, I can tell you exact order and the lowest is a runt hen smaller in size that catches it from everyone. Except the rooster of course. He is a good one I think. He doesn't bother any hen except to mate and is skittish of me. So he may not be a great fighter of a predator but he is extremely docile with me and with the hens. But I'll be glad to call you if I haven't changed your mind haha. @NorthGeogia
I see where you have been on the site for awhile so I guess you do have a lot of experience. So hope I didn't offend you in any way.

Thought I had posted here before but maybe not!

Walton Co., GA here as well - between Snellville and Athens. GO DAWGS!! Nice to see some other folks from my area here on BYC!

editing to add info on a rooster that needs to be rehomed because I wasn't getting much response on the rehome thread...

Rooster's name: Ducky
Breed: Spangled OEGB

So, I have known for a while this guy was a roo. And technically, we aren't supposed to have roosters where I live (hens ok, roosters, not so much...) but we live in a pretty rural area where there are farms and other folks with chickens (and roosters) nearby so we thought we'd keep him until we couldn't.

No one has complained or anything, but he crows ALL THE TIME. And I am afraid that someone is going to complain and then I may have real trouble (we have more hens than is allowed and another rooster who is much more docile and quiet ...) So I am trying to head off any trouble with the local Animal Control.

This rooster is a little aggressive, but usually only towards me. He doesn't bother with my husband or son at all. And, he seems to be good to his ladies.

He is an absolutely beautiful bird, but I am having a hard time convincing myself to keep him and risk having to give up my other rooster some of my hens also in the process.

I would like to re-home him with the intent of him living a long life, not as dinner, please.

If you are interested, please send me a message or reply here and I will send you a message through BYC.

Attachments

• roo4.jpg
    roo4.jpg
    502.9 KB · Views: 6
  • roo1.jpg
    roo1.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 7
  • roo3.jpg
    roo3.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Back