Any Home Bakers Here?

For those who have frozen or dried any of their SD Starter, are they any tips on doing so?
I dry mine. I spread it as thinly as possible on a parchment lined sheet pan. There are a couple of things you can do after that. You can either let it air dry, which can take a day or more, or turn on your oven light and put the sheet pan in there, reducing days to hours. Watch the temp in there, though! I don’t let mine get above 80-85. Once it hits that sweet spot, I crack open the oven door to maintain it.

When it’s dry, it’ll break and flake very nicely. (If it bends or feels sticky, it’s not dry enough yet). Break it into flakes and put it in a jar with a tight fitting lid for almost indefinite storage. I did three or four sheet pans of it over a couple of It just using discard.

Sometimes it will dry in areas but end up getting a few mold spots. Pitch i! That’s why I like the oven method - because it dries faster I’ve never had mold form on it.

B81995A4-DDE9-419D-9E20-26F2416E5A7A.jpeg

These donuts are great!

(Thumbs up if you get the reference. In all seriousness, its an onigiri. I love these things.)

I love the cream soup mix recipe. I plan to make some up, but needed to make bone broth anyway, so I'll be using that for my recipe this weekend.

If I want mushroom soup I add mushrooms.

What ever flavor you need just add it to the soup mixture.

Please enjoy as it is quick and easy to use.

Back
Top Bottom