Anyone die from anticipation while waiting on hatching? UPDATE PICS!

shellyga

Songster
9 Years
Oct 23, 2010
Milner
Today is day 21 and of course I rushed into the chicken room (used to be a guest room) at 5:00 am and NOTHING.. not sure what I expected but after all IT IS DAY 21..lol. After a very long and stressful day at work - I am a teacher and today was the final day of school before Christmas break..I come home and look in the incubator.. NOTHING..
idunno.gif

So then I sit down to catch up on all the news on BYC and what is that I hear.. PEEPS
clap.gif
...coming from my incubator - which luckily is just 3 steps from the computer. I again look in there.. examining every egg through my tiny window.. I don't see ANYTHING out of the ordinary. It is now about 2 hours later.. and am I imagining that I see some "chips" flaking off two eggs in particular.. and another with a tiny imperfection that I am SURE I would have noticed before.. this is new for me and the two that have "flakes" coming off were definitely not that way 2 hours ago.

I have decided that I shall surely perish waiting for signs of a pip.. let alone a WHOLE CHICK..
caf.gif

Shelly

Last edited:
I can see it now!

Mahonri - RIP
May 1958 - December 31st, 2010
Died waiting for chicks to hatch

Last edited:
Boy do I relate...
Yes.peeps first , you are not losing your mind.
Had my husband listen with the first hatch because I thought perhaps my mind was playing tricks on me.
I have some due the 12/22....
You would think it was a first.already wearing myself out checking the bater...
If I wake up to go potty during the night..I make a trip in to check things out.

I have LG stiill airs and they are always a few days late.
Let us know what happens..........
big_smile.png

I'm the same way. My chicks are due NOW!!! but the more i go look and watch, the further i think they are from hatching.... i keep checking the eggs then the calendar to make sure i'm on the right day...... went to the bathroom twice last night (which never happens), I think i just wanted an excuse to go check them and i'm sure my wife thinks i'm crazy by now. I keep making peeps to the eggs "peep! Peep! PEEP!", but still nothing. They move every once in a while when i do that, but still nothing. Good luck to you and your chicks, but yes i am about to die from anticipation as well.

My broody mom is way over due ! On the 26th day, 1 egg hatched that was 29 hours ago. I check up on her every 30 minutes, and no sign of a new chic
he.gif

Good luck with your new baby chic's to come.

Colts.. are your chicks due today too... I just checked again.. TRYING to make myself wait at least an hour.. I think I say a "flake" of the egg move.. himmmI would so like to see a HOLE.. with a tiny beak...
pop.gif

Justtoni44.. I have another batch due on the 22nd too.. at least the remaining eggs will be able to spread out a little more.. 2/3 of the incubator is still turning with eggs.. and there is a homemade divider between them and the ones due to hatch NOW...
jumpy.gif

Mrs. FuzzyButts -- if I do somehow perish.. I will get a message to the BYC forum..
lau.gif

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom